Chapter 25

"I-I just snapped. I mean the asshole practically told me, I was just wasting my time in that building. I know what I did was wrong but I was hurt. They made me feel like I wasn't worthy." She exhaled staring at nothing.

"Don't say that about yourself, these people have nothing better to do in their lives but to try ruin other people's goals. You made it in the end and soon they are going to realise their mistake doing what they did to you."

"I'm just so tired. I'm tired of hearing whispers behind my back making me always question myself. I'm tired of having to overwork myself just to be noticed. I know I'm not the only one that goes through this but damn it I just want a break." Her voice cracked, she could feel the tears starting to run down her face.

Already in his arms, Ahmad held her tight letting her release her emotions. He was pissed. No! He was angry. He wasn't the type to get angry so easily but it's like whenever someone had anything negative to say or do to Veronica that's when he would want to hunt down that person. When Imani had told him he wanted to fuck up Mr.Ross himself but seeing how abject Veronica was made him realise how much he needed her.

After some time, Veronica was now sleeping laying in his arms he could still see the dry tears on her face. He wiped them away before trying to sneakily get out of her grasp trying not to wake her up.

He put on an all black outfit on before making his way out the penthouse and made his way to his garage picking the matte black Range Rover.

...

Mr. Ross whistled away as he was walking in the car park to his car. He was the last one to leave the office due to a late meeting. He pulled his keys out of his pocket throwing them up and down in his hand spotting his car metres away.

Approaching his vehicle he got into the car putting his briefcase on the passenger seat whilst doing that he had accidentally dropped his car keys Infront of him making his reach down careful or bumping his head on the wheel. After retrieving his keys he put in the ignition before tilting his rear view mirror to his liking.

Seeing a dark figure in a ski mask he gasped until his mouth was covered by a black glove. He tried prying the hands of while muffling through the glove. The sweat piercing through his skin due to the cause of panic.

"Don't try beg for mercy now motherfucker." The dark sinister voice prickling at his ear drums.

He tried to speak again only for him to still be muffled through the glove until the figure let him go.
"Please, I didn't do anything you got the wrong person." He begged trying to plead his case.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure you're who I'm looking for... Alan Ross." Mr. Ross paled at the mention of his name."

"Please, what do you want? Money? Uh-uh my car anything just, please don't kill me."

"N*gga, I don't want that shit. Do you know the name Veronica Calhoun?."

"VERONICA!! Uh-uh, no I-I don't know a Veronica."

The man grabbed Mr.Ross's head before slamming it on the wheel making him groan. "Now I'm going to ask you again, do you know the name Veronica Calhoun."

"Yes...I know the name Veronica." He breathed out feeling the headache coming through.

"Well that's good, cause seems like she knows you. Infact seems like you two know each other very well since she used to work for you."

"Used to, she doesn't work for me anymore." He explained hoping that would help his case.

The man let out a fake gasp. "Now why is that?" He teased wanting to hear what Mr.Ross would come up with.