Chapter 22

2 months later
——————-

"I just don't get how she even got the job. Who interviewed her?"

"That's the thing no one knows she just showed and got her own department."

"I heard that she is Mr Tates girlfriend."

"Mhmmm, probably why she got that advertising department."

"Nah I just think she a hoe. who clearly slept her way to the top."

"Hell, I'll stand by it. She only been here for 2 months and thinks she runs the place."

"I don't even know what boss was thinking hiring that girl she looks like a fast-ass girl."

"She probably fucks during overtime. I mean if that's really his girlfriend then that's her payment."

The female co-workers all laughed in the bathroom after fixing themselves in the mirror before leaving back to work.

Veronica was on the toilet. She had come to pee and was met with harsh remarks about her. It's obvious the girls didn't know she was in the bathroom because they wouldn't be saying that at all.

Veronica was angry. She had been working in Gallington Estate after Ahmad gave her a department to work with. She had been minding her business doing her work and she was even much better and relaxed.

She had seen those same girls, hell they were the ones who were even nice to her when she first joined. She was a little embarrassed that was what people thought about her. This wasn't the first time she had heard remarks about her. They were sometimes speaking in code in the lunch room or just randomly talking thinking she was nowhere in sight. She was beginning to get tired of this and was thinking if she even wanted to continue working at Gallington.

...

"You ok baby?" Ahmad watched as Veronica was washing the plates. They had just finished eating Chinese food and they were at his penthouse. He was looking for a movie they could both watch and noticed that she wasn't talking as much and looked other ways.

Veronica nodded her head not even bothering to actually respond. She knew he liked it when she was verbal but she wasn't in the mood she just continued to finish watching the plates. She was in deep thought about everything and just need relaxation.

Ahmad put the remote down and walked behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist before kissing the side of her head and putting his head on her shoulders. He could feel her take a deep breath and exhale for some time. He was curious to know the problem and hopefully fix it. He hated when Veronica wasn't her normal self.

He watched as she finished cleaning the plates and dried the counter. Once she was done she attempted to break out of his arms of dungeon but of course, he wasn't going to let that happen. He stopped her before lifting her up onto the counter then standing in between her legs rubbing on them.

He watched as she played with his white tank top she was wearing he almost got distracted seeing her in his clothes but he had a mission. "What's wrong caramel?"

She almost smiled at the nickname he gave her. She thought of the memory of when he first came up with it.

1 month prior
——————

"Is that the same drink that you poured on me when we first met?" They were currently in his office getting ready to go over to Imani's house for a promotion her husband got.