Chapter 7

After having another off day Veronica felt more relaxed and calm.

"Ooh what have you been doing I see you got a new glow did you meet someone." Imani teased

"No I took care of myself and made myself glow, why must you think I met someone." She laughed

"I don't know you seem more happier, I expected to see you at work yesterday what happened."

"Oh, there was an incident on Saturday so Mr Tate gave me an extra day due to me coming on my off day.

"Mr Tate? The same man who looks like he could Jill someone with this glare but is still fine."

"No the Mr Tate who is my boss is the one who let me have an off day. What's wrong with you?"

"Oh hush I may be a married woman but I know how to appreciate a fine man."

" Oh this is my floor so I'll see you at lunch."

"Yeah see you Imani."

"Byeeee Ronnie with the fresh glow." Imani cackled as she left the elevator.

Making her way to the her desk she was stopped by Felix she had completely forgotten about his existence.

"Mr Tate wants you to complete these in the next hour. Now that we were able to find the lost files."

"They found the files where was it." She said as she collected the paper work.

As she looked up she saw Felix was no where in sight

Jerk could have at least answered my question.

She made her way to her desk after settling her belongings she went to go make Mr Tates coffee.

"Knock, knock I made your coffee I'll just set it down here." She whispered as he was on a phone call

He nodded his head while continuing his conversation putting a thumbs up as a way of saying thank you.

After finishing his conversation Veronica had came back with half the finished paperwork.

"I heard they found the files."

"Yeah I was on the phone with the contractors and we have finally sealed the deal."

"That's good so, what's the next task?"

"I need to go to the final meeting I was coming to get you so we can go together."

"Well let's go in ready and I'm practically almost done with the first task."

——————-

"Congratulations everyone we created a successful campaign and tonight we celebrate with an office party. So finish your rounds go home and I'll look forward to seeing you tonight." Mr Ross cheered

——————-
"So what are you planning to wear for the party I wanna be sexy but also respectful if you get what I mean." Veronica nodded in agreement

" Well I have this new dress that I haven't tried on it's sexy in the chest area but still able to wear to a formal."

"Well we still got a couple hours to go the party starts at 8 right."

Veronica nodded " yeah but we gotta start getting ready now you know your doing my makeup Imani."

2 hours later and the ladies looked captivating

They arrived late at the part around 10 pm due to them singing and dancing away.

Once they arrived and entered the office hall
People were already dancing and it seems like they were already drunk she could see other co workers dancing and grinding on friends and partners.