Chapter 18

(I'll let you know when to play the song)
Mature themes ahead

Ahmad stood at the door looking at Veronica. To him as always. she still looked beautiful and he could feel his heart pang.

"How were you even able to get in." He furrowed his eyes brows.

Veronica scratched the back of her neck. "I kind of waited for someone to leave and quickly made my way in. Then in the elevator, I put on an act on the phone as if I was on the phone to you saying I don't have a key card to activate it. Then one nice man helped me to get here." She put her lips together not knowing what else to say.

Ahmad let out a silent laugh at the fact that she was able to get in like that. He frowned in his head at how easy it was for her to get in though, that's how some kidnappers or murderers could get in.

"May I come in please?"

Ahmad stood to the side allowing her entrance. He watched as she looked around the house again as if she hadn't been there before, she looked ahead before taking a deep breath releasing it as she then turned to him.

"I am so sorry, if we could please sit down so I can explain things to you then I would humbly appreciate that."

He let her take his hand and walk him over to the couch he was still shirtless but didn't bother to say anything about it he could tell she looked stressed.

"I was wrong, awfully wrong for blocking you, I practically ghosted everyone but mostly you."

"My boss gave away my project to Felix, he gave him all of my work and ideas for him to present at the meeting with our new client and I believed it was because of him seeing us at the dinner 2 nights ago."
She expressed looking down as she slouched her shoulders.

"I was so angry and distraught, I had a panic attack Imani came to my rescue and helped me calm down I could tell she looked even more puzzled at the reason I was crying and desperately in need of help but she tried to quickly hide it but I saw. No one understands why I've been acting this way and it's understandable when I practically don't tell them I even shone them out. But that wasn't fair to you I lashed out at you in the car which was wrong and didn't even bother talking to you before I blocked you."

"What makes it worse is the promotion will be announced in 4 days and I've lost confidence on if I'm even going to get it. I don't want to be an assistant my entire life and I refuse for that to even happen. But most importantly regarding my job. All I wanted to say is that I'm sorry. You have done nothing but be there for me, you make me smile, laugh, and me make forget all the bad things happening in the world and I don't want to lose that over this. I'm trying to change Ahmad seriously I am, there might be a few hiccups on the way but I can only hope for you to be understanding and give me time." She tapped herself on the back mentally, proud of being able to communicate her feelings she only hoped Ahmad would understand, give her another chance and forgive her.

"I appreciate your apology, Veronica, one thing I will say is that you pissed me off when you blocked me I was worried out of my mind and I wasn't even sure if I should come to your job to even see you. I wanted to give you your space but I wasn't sure on how you would feel. I am here for you Veronica but you need to be able to explain more to me without blocking me off immediately."

She nodded her head.

"Come here." Ahmad tapped his thigh

Veronica stood up making her way to him sitting on his thigh. She wrapped one of her arms around his neck as he kissed her cheek rubbing her back.