Hospital{Human}

Cross POV

Walking pass down these white hallways, my fingers gracefully glides through the wall. I stop in front of a door. The singular rectangular shaped light on the ceiling flicker on top of this door as if I'm being warned not to enter. I hear chattering at the other side of the hallway. I look at where the sound came from and apparently it was just per usual. It was one of the psychiatric doctors like me. Geno was talking to one of the guards, Reaper.

I clear my throat loud enough for them to hear me. Startling them with that single sound, they apologized and headed their way. I smiled at their dynamic then turned away.

Touching the doorknob, I twisted, and opened it quietly. The room was white with a bed at the corner, me in front of the bed. Next to the bed right, was a night stand and a stool next to the bathroom. The wall in front of me had a big window with a couch. In front of the couch was a circular rug and above that was a small coffee table. A TV was a attach to the wall on my right.

On the bed was one of my new patients. The previous doctors and therapist he had couldn't make him talk and open up so they called me in.

His Name was Nightmare Joku, a 23 year old small man who has selective mutism. He was convicted for the murder of his mother but was then soon let out and put into a psych ward after his brother gave evidence that their mother was abusive towards them but always protected him, though the abuse was so bad to the point his sanity gave up and killed her. He couldn't say his own side of the case in court as he couldn't speak. In this psych ward, he has his own room because of his murder case. They didn't want him harming anyone or anyone harming him as he was vulnerable to anyone. Usually patients would share room, but he didn't have to.

He looked so peaceful having to look out at the window.. Though as I took one step into the room. He heard the echoing of my foot step that his eyes opened up widely and looked at me faster than I could count. His raven black hair hid half of his face. I could only see his sharp cyan eyes and pale white skin. His skin was paler than mine. I didn't know how that was possible, paler than mine would be dead people.

"Startled you didn't I? Sorry about that." Closing the door gently, trying not to make any sudden noises. I sat down on the seat in front of him while holding a wooden check board. "Nightmare, isn't it? I'm Dr.Peñaloza, but please.. call me Cross. I will be your psychiatrist. Nice to meet you." His eyes calmed down and looked down towards his lap. I knew this would happen.

Other doctors complained or worried about him because of this. No one could get him to talk except his brother, but no one really heard his voice except his brother. I put the pen and gave the board in to him. The blank paper was now in front of his eyes. No one really notice this because usually they'd talk through the voice, but the way I see it. The easiest way to see someone's own feelings was through their eyes. Their eyes could tell almost everything about them. Their eyebrows improvise with them.

His shaky hands reached out for the pen started writing. For someone with shaky hands, they sure do write fancy. His hands gracefully wrote the cursive letterings.

Handing the check board to me, I read the writing. "How long have I been here?" I gave him a gentle smile and said "A month and a half by now" After hearing his answer, he returned to looking back towards his lap.. He kept his bored expression the whole time. Tears drops started falling off his eyes. I kept my smile and looked outside. "The leaves are turning brown and orange. Autumn's passing by us right now."