Prologue

In the year 2133 a nuclear war dreaded for hundreds of years since the deadly weapon was created finally took place and every country on the planet had this destructive bomb unleashing it upon each enemy , one man for himself.

The aftermath was devastating with the planet hugely contaminated and nearly all living beings driven to extinction.

Earth's population that was once seven billion was reduced to half a billion , with most animals dead in the cross fire and most of the planet's land contaminated by the bomb. This was worse than Hiroshima with few fertile land left and pure water source.

Men needed solution in order to survive the next hundred years. As the source of living intelligence that we are , we came up with solutions of gated societies on each continent's uncontaminated regions. These societies consisted one hundred million people in a space of what used to be three countries or four on an entire continent and each had large sanctuaries for the surviving animals in order to repopulate them.

The societies were now subject to the Tribune, a government elected by the people for their best interest and were meant to keep peace so no nuclear war would occur again. They were meant to hold the office for five years alone.

The first generation of the society lived in peace and thrived but it was when the population of the third generation decreased so rapidly the Tribune had to investigative why humans had gone from half a billion to two hundred million. As it turned out it wasn't mortality but birth rate. The second generation was born with defects due to their parents nuclear exposure. Both parents carried Braun's Phenomena marker in their genes discovered by Dr S.Braun. This genetic marker mutated in women making them infertile with only 10% giving birth to healthy children that could in turn reproduce healthy children.

Of that 10% another extreme rarity of women were 0.9% who miraculously got pregnant though they were deemed infertile.

These women were the human races last chance and they became known as the bearers. The Primary bearers were the fertile ones by genetic immunity and the Secondary bearers were the miracle pregnant women.

The Tribune in attempt to find cure for the Braun's Phenomena began to have all girls who have reached puberty taken to fertility specialists in order treat their symptoms in hope for fertility. No cure, no treatment but they were able to tell who the Primary Bearers were from the rest. The Tribune used their powers to forcibly take the Bearers into their keeping in order to make them property of state for reproducing. The Secondary Bearers were taken too after gynecologist reported the pregnancies.

The people protested against such actions demanding their children back and not turned into breeders and the Tribune responded by despotic violence led by General Michael Rogers. Never again did the Tribune act for people but as ruling class governing not by election but heredity.

For the next millennium all Tribunes across the planet took the Bearers as breeders for their bloodlines and gave the secondary bearers' children to the plutocrats for adoption .

The Children were divided into two, the Naturals and the Substitutes. The Naturals were born from the Bearers while Substitutes came from the Bearers frozen eggs that were used for IVF in order for the masses to have children and most importantly stop human extinction. The problem with these embryos was they were implanted to women who were not not Bearers so the few embryos made it to full pregnancies and because of the Braun's Phenomena marker the children only reproduced up to the third generation and from then on sterile. Only Bearers children could continuously procreate healthy humans.

By the time I was born in 2355 nothing was more precious than a Bearer and a Natural. The Tribunes were at the height of their power and so were plutocrats. It was now tradition for Bearers to be given to the Tribune's families particularly the heirs to continue the bloodlines of the ruling class and their children to be adopted by the plutocrats because some things do not change and money still makes the world go round .