"You need to lighten up a bit, Lo," Normani responded.

"Would you guys get off her back," Camila spoke up. "If she wants a low key birthday then let her have a low key birthday," the chocolate eyed girl continued.

I turned my head towards the younger girl and mouthed "thank you". I use to love everything that came with birthdays. Every year I would throw a gigantic party with lots of cake, music, and friends, but celebrating my birthday isn't the same anymore. Not since Chris was killed on my birthday.

The rest of the dinner went by slowly. Dinah and Normani did most of the talking the entire night which mainly consisted of Beyoncé and waiter boy they were crushing over.

As the night went on, the girls started getting reckless. When Kayne's face almost landed in her Mac & cheese because of how tired she was, and Ashtyn's temper tantrum, I used it as an excuse to leave.

I placed two twenty dollar bills on the table before lifting a sleeping Kayne onto my hip. "Let's go, Ash," I said, sticking out my hand hoping she would get off the dirty floor and grab ahold of it.

Instead of getting up, the three-year-old continued to lay on the floor. I could see the flashes from cameras out of the corner of my eye. I could already see it, hundreds of untrue news stories from just one little picture.

"I'll get her," Camila offered.

I nodded and followed Big Rob out to the car, pushing past the hundreds of cameras. I climbed into the car and buckled Kayne into her seat. A few seconds later, the screaming picked up, the car door opened and Camila climbed into the car with a grumpy Ashtyn.

"You know you didn't have to come with us," I told the brown eyed girl. "I'm more than capable of taking care of them."

"I know," she answered, buckling Ashtyn into her seat and then signaling for the driver to move. "I just want to go back to the hotel and rest for a bit."

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned that something was going on.

"Yeah," she answered. I didn't believe her answer but I decided to let it go instead of pushing anything.

We rode the entire way back to the hotel in silence except for the typing noise that came from her phone. It was probably that Mentos boy pouring his heart out to her.

The car came to a halt and I quickly unbuckled Kayne out of her seat. I climbed out of the car and waited for Camila to come out before shutting the door behind her.

I led Camila up to our floor and to my room. I pulled the room key out of my wristlet and slid it into the lock. I entered into the room and held the door open for Camila before letting it close with a thud.

With the help of Camila, I was able to get the girls undressed and into their bed. The younger girl kissed both of their heads before looking up. Her eyes were a lot duller than they usually are. Her face was a lot paler than normal and her chocolate orbs were holding in the tears that wanted to escape.

"Camila," I started, unsure of what to say.

"I should get back to my room," she nodded, walking away from the bed and over to the door.

"Camila-"

"I just want you to know I'm sorry for earlier. Everything I said was totally uncalled for," she apologized.

"Apology accepted," I nodded. Her muscles tried to form a smile but the pain in her face was still evident. She quickly left the hotel room, letting the door close behind her.

It took every muscle in my body to not run after her and embrace her into a hug. Something more than just our little fight earlier was upsetting her but what?

I sighed, my brain too tired to try and figure it out. I slipped out of my black, deep v-neck dress and put on a black 1975 shirt and some grey booty shorts. I climbed into my bed, shutting out the light on the bedside table, and turned so I could look out at the city lights.

"No," I heard Ashtyn mumbled. I turned my body so I was facing the toddler. "Stop Superman," she mumbled, her eyes still closed but her body moving. "Let my mommy go." Cries quickly filled the room.

I made my way over to the upset toddler and embraced her into my arms. "Shh," I soothed. "You're just having a bad dream, Mommy is okay."

"No," she replied. Tears fell from her ocean eyes and onto her porcelain face, leaving stains. "Superman hurt Mommy. I saw it."

"Ash, Superman is a good guy, remember? He beats up the bad guys and helps the good guys," I reminded the little girl.

"No, not that Superman, a different Superman," she responded.

A different Superman?

------

Who do you think "Superman" is?(;

Hi lovelies! I know this chapter is short but the next ones will defiantly be a lot longer.

Have a good day!