Y/n cracked her knuckles as she approached the door. Was she getting robbed? No...robbers don't knock politely..either way, if it's a threat, they're getting hurt or worse.

She looked through the peephole and was shocked to see Mikoto standing on the other side of the door.

Y/n slowly opened the door fully, that's when Mikoto took her gaze off the ground and towards the woman in front of her.

"Hey...Y/n.." Mikoto shyly starts. "Sorry for approaching your house at a time like this but I just wanted to make sure you and Naruto were alright since you didn't come the other day.."

"Usually you'd stop by every week or so...but it's been nearly a month. You suddenly stopped showing up without saying anything. Did something happen?"

Y/n was honestly really shocked about that statement. Has it really been over three weeks?

"I...oh. I wasn't aware that THAT many weeks had already passed..I've just been really stressed out lately. Sorry for worrying you, Mikoto."

"It's fine. Figured ever since you became a council member, you must've been really busy." The Uchiha giggled.

"I'm more of a councilor in training rather than an official member ha ha.."

"Oh, right. No one knows about that yet other than me. Once the time comes for you to be an official member, I can't wait to see Fugaku's reaction."

"Yeah! The look on his face would be priceless!" Y/n smiled at her. "Come in. It's really late. Can't have you standing outside forever." Y/n says before yoinking the younger inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two Women relaxed on the couch, enjoying their cup of green tea.

"I've never mentioned this before but....you remind me of an old friend of mine.." Mikoto spoke.

"Let me guess. I remind you of Kushina?" Y/n smiles casually as she starts to sip her tea.

"How did you.."

"I always hear you mumble that name sometimes. At first I didn't mind but now, I want to know who this 'Kushina' is."

"Are you sure? It's a long story."

"We've got time."

"Okay.." Mikoto paused, thinking of how to begin the story. "Well, her name was Kushina Uzumaki. Before we met, Kushina and I were best friends. She was also Naruto's birth mother."

Y/n set her tea down, already interested.

"She was a beautiful woman who had a short temper. Whenever she would get mad, her long red hair would flow around. That's why she was given the nickname 'Red Hot Habanero'."

"I still remember when Kushina had asked me if it hurt after I have given birth to Sasuke while she was still pregnant with Naruto." Mikoto laughs. "But then again, Naruto was her first child so I can't blame her ha ha!"

Y/n smiled. Even thought she's never met Kushina, she sounds like an amazing woman.

"Kushina's husband was Minato Namikaze, also Naruto's dad."

"The Fourth Hokage?" Y/n was shocked. Mikoto nodded in response.

"Yeah. Those two were complete opposites. Kushina was many things. Outgoing, Brash, Strong,kind while Minato was mostly calm and collected. He was very fast two! Fugaku had worked with Him as the....hm...what do the younger kids say these days to make it sound cool...um..oh! As the 'Shadow Hokage'."

"Shadow Hokage...?" Y/n sweat dropped.

"I know right? But hey, that's what the kids came up with. By the way, I have pictures at home of Kushina and Minato when they were still here. I can show them to you next time."

"Sure. I'd like that." Y/n stared at Mikoto. Mikoto looked so happy talking about her old best friend. She wondered what happened to them?

"What happened to them ?"

Mikoto's expression saddened as she looked down, making Y/n already realize.

"O-oh! I'm sorry. I understand now.."

"It was the Nine tails..."

"Nine tails? Like, the monster that's sealed into Naruto?"

Mikoto nodded. "Kushina and Minato sacrificed themselves to save Naruto. After their deaths, I tried to adopt Naruto and raise him under my care...but Lord Third rejected it.."

"Because of the rumors...right."

"It wasn't until years later when you arrived. Though I have a question: How did you meet Naruto for you to adopt him?"

Y/n thought about it before remembering. "It was the day I first moved here to the Leaf. I saw him in the park when I was on my way home. I didn't want to leave Naruto alone so I adopted him. Looking back on it now, I've chose the right decision." Y/n smiled brightly. "Now I have a family..that's all I ever wanted. I'm happy."

At the stairwell, Naruto stood at the top so he wouldn't be seen. He had heard everything. Well only the part where Mikoto asked Y/n how she met Naruto.

Tears streamed down Naruto's face. They were tears of happiness. He smiled before sneaking back to bed.

"...Hey, Y/n?" Mikoto gazed her eyes to the side of the room.

"Hm?"

"Can you promise me something?"

"Oh, sure."

Mikoto hesitated before speaking. "If something happens to me....promise me you'll take care of my sons.."

Y/n's eyes widened. "Mikoto..."

The black haired woman folded her hands together, looking down at her dress.

"It's just that...I've been having a really bad feeling lately so want to make sure my children are safe.."

"Oh.."

"Which is why I want you to promise me."

"But Mikoto..what if your just being paranoid!"

"Y/n.."

"Maybe you should get more rest??—"

"Y/N! Just promise me!!!"

"Eek! Okay okay!! I Promise!"

Mikoto sighed, feeling as the bad feeling had disappeared.

"Thank you."