Awkward...

They won't believe you. A voice in my head said. They have to. I'm the goddamn psychic. I responded, laying back and staring at the dark ceiling. Aja had taken care of Coraline, leaving me in calm silence, but I couldn't sleep. My mind was filled with the buzz of Monas thoughts. Her treacherous, annoying, thoughts.

Groaning and sitting up, I teleported so that I was on top of Raphs closet, glaring down at the honestly creepy salamander-esk alien who was studying Raph.

What are you doing? I asked, projecting my thoughts into Monas head. She jumped and tipped over a stack of magazines. I made the collapse stop, setting the papers down in a neat pile. "When did you get there?!" She whisper yelled at me. Long enough to know you plan to do something dumb. I echoed.

For the past couple of days I had been listening to her plan how to essentially kidnap Raph and take him into space with her. She thought, eventually, (due to Stockholm syndrome) Raph would learn to "love" her.

"Mind your own business, woman!" She whispered to me. Your "business" involves kidnapping him. I echoed. He was my best friend. "Why do you care so much? Don't tell me you love him like I do!" She said. I don't know what "love" means, but you think of him as a person, you believe him to be your possession. I said, glaring at her.

"Who cares?! He'd be happier with me than on this shitty little mudball, you personified NOTHINGNESS!" Mona exclaimed, and Raph sat up without Mona noticing. I had woken him up quietly, and Raph stood up to glare down at Mona.

"Zero is my friend, Mona, and this "mudball" is my home, Mona, and you don't like it, you can leave. Alone." He said. Mona looked between the two of us before roaring and stomping out. "Raph?" I asked as he sat back on his bed. "I'm sorry Mona did what she did. I could tell you where hopeful." I said, sitting beside him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Zero. Thanks for not letting her take me." He said, patting my head. "I have a question." I said, turning my head to look him in the eye. "Shoot." He said. "What's "love?" Mona said she loved you, and asked if I did too." I explained softly. He turned red and looked away quickly. I had to remind myself he didn't like me reading his mind, and I pinched myself to resist temptation.

"I- um- Erg...."

~Raph p.o.v~

I looked down at the wide eyed, childlike girl who asked me one of the most uncomfortable question, topped only by the "where do babies come from" question.

"It's when you want to try your best to take care of someone, because they mean eveeything to you, and when they get hurt, it makes your heart hurt," I said, "when people love each other, it could be love for a family member, or friend, or a life partner. When you love someone you hug them, hold their hand, and kiss them." I said.

"What's a kiss?" She asked, oblivious. Oh, God give me strength. I thought. "It is..." How did Splinter explain it? HOW DID SPLINTER EXPLAIN IT?! "Well, it's when people press their lips onto people cheeks or lips, and there are two kinds. The first is family kissing, like a peck on the cheek, and mature kissing is longer, and more... personal." I said.

I swear my heart stopped.

Zero leaned forward, clumsily trying to kiss me. "Like that? Did I do that right?" She asked, and I swear steam was coming from my face. Shedoesn'tknowwhatshe'sdoing! Don'tkissherback,thatmightcountasharassmentsinceshedoesn'tknow! My brain screamed.

"Um... I.. well, yeah, you did that right," I said quickly, red, "but both people normally take p-mff!" GODDMANIT ZERO, STOP! Why didn't I see that coming?! I SHOULDN'T BE GOING ALONG... with... Ah, screw it, she's cute. I thought, closing my eyes and holding the back of her head, her hair curling around my fingers.

Hesitantly, my arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her against my plastron and blushing. Her hair covered her eyes and tickled my face when she leaned closer, pressing farther into my grip.

 Her hair covered her eyes and tickled my face when she leaned closer, pressing farther into my grip