Return

~Raph p.o.v~

We were doing it. We were getting Zero back.

We crawled through the vents of the TCRI building until I looking through a vent and saw a padded room. We jumped down and landed with soft thuds. A figure in the corner looked over her shoulder at us before standing.

Zero's legs shook and she wobbled before falling onto her knees. She was weak, so I carefully scooped her up. A Kraang Droid came through the door and Leo cut its head off, and we took of running down the halls. After a few moments I heard a faint buzzing, my hands tingling; I looked down to see Zero, emaciated and sick but writhing in pain as electricity shot through her weak body. Even though she could barely keep her eyes open, she gripped the she of my plastron as tight as she could, golding on for dear life.

We burst through a window, landing on a nearby roof. I shielded Zeros torn figure as glass rained down, and we climbed into a manhole. Things were calm for a moment as Zeros flailing finally stopped, but a warm liquid ran down my arms. Glancing down, Zero was limp as blood poured from her stomach. "Shit! She pulled her stitches!" I exclaimed. We ran at breakneck speed before skidding to a halt in the lab.

Immediately Donnie connected her to IV, blood drips, a heart rate machine, and pressed a mask over her nose and mouth. "Zero, as the anesthesia takes hold, I want you to count backwards from one hundred." Donnie said softly, strapping on gloves. Her eyes fluttered shut and her body relaxed.

I watched nervously as he cleaned, restitched, and bandaged her abdomen before gently turning her onto her face.

"What are you doing now?" I asked quietly. "While she's out, I'm going to try removing the chip." Donnie responded, delicately cutting the machineries loose. Nerves had long since grown around wires that spiderwebbed under a thin layer of skin, but Donnie managed to cut away the chip without hurting Zero.

The surgeries comeplete, we set Zero down on a medical bed and prayed she'd wake up the next morning.