Anxiety

I was hanging out with April and Casey as the turtles went on patrol; I was teaching April some psychic stuff while Casey played floor hockey near by.

"That's enough for now." I said, hearing April panting from overexertion.
"So... how have things been with you and Raph?" Casey asked as April went to get wager.
"Good... why?" I asked, tilting my head.
"No reason, I was just thinking... you two are so different, I thought ya might have alovers quarrel." Casey said.
"Different how?" I asked, curling my hand into a fist.
"I mean, he's this badass ninja dude with a fiery personality, and his last girlfriend was an alien warrior from a different planet. Compared to that, you're a blind liability who doesn't show emotion. He and Mona achieve things through skill alone, whereas you rely on your power, and Raph has to coddle you sometimes. Plus, until you learn to use your powers again, your helpless. The powers you can use make him super uncomfortable." I swallowed a lump in my throat and stood up.
"Okay, fuck you. Tell April I'm going home." I said, and instead of teleporting, I grabbed my walking stick and made my way down the streets of New York.

"Hey, babe, can you add a couple more weights to the bar?" Raph asked as he was working out. He was currently benching a little less than two hundred pounds; I felt around and added two ten pound weights, struggling to lift them.
"How's that?" I asked him.
"Uh... fine. You feeling okay?" He asked me.
"I'm fine!" I promised, trying to smile.

"Hey, Zero, come with me, I got a surprise." Raph said a few days later, grabbing my hand and leading me down the tunnels.
"Where're you taking me?" I asked, looking around uselessly before I remembered I couldn't.
"A surprise." Raph said.
"Can you even see where you're going?" I asked, a soft smile on my face.
"I have a flashlight; and if we get lost you can just teleport us back." Raph said.
"That makes you sick, though." I mumbled. I felt us going up a ladder and warmth seeped into my skin: I heard wind, birds, and the distant buzz of the city.
"Hm, well, we're here!" Raph said.
"Where is here exactly?" I asked him, and he pulled me down to sit on his lap.
"A secluded part of Central Park. I figured you'd like to be in the sun for once; but I am a little surprised you didn't read my mind to figure out where we were going."
"You don't like me reading your mind though. Besides, this is a nice surprise. The sun is so warm." I said, leaning backwards into him. My eyelids were getting heavy.
"Mm-hm. Feel free to take a nap, Zero. You look tired." He said, kissing my temple.
"Mkay...." I said.

~Dream~

I was walking through the lair when I heard a noise from Raph's room. I went over to see what it was, but before my hand touched the door, I heard a familiar voice.
"Raph, I'm glad you took me back, but what about the little kid?" Mona asked, giggling.
"Zero? She's too unstable, and kind of helpless, unlike a certain badass." Raph said. Their thoughts where consumed by eachother, while mine were consumed, with rage.

"Unstable."

Was that right?

"Helpless."

God fucking damn it, I was crying.

My powers flew out of control, making a hurricane of objects fly around me. If they wanted unstable I'd show them unstable. I opened the door and stepped in. The hurricane followed and Mona cried out in pain as she was hit with various items. Just then her scream was cut short and I heard a wet thud.
"MONA!" Raph screamed. Just then I snapped back and the hurricane stopped.
"W-what happened?" I asked nervously.
"You killed her.... monster!" He yelled, and I was tackled to the ground. I knew what was happening, somehow. His said was raised up, and just as he plunged it towards my throat, I woke up.

~Reality~

"Zero? Zero, wake up, you're having a bad dream." Raph said, shaking me. The details of my dream came rushing back and tears welled in my eyes.
"I-Im sorry!" I said, sobbing.
"Hey, hey, why are you apologizing?" He asked me, a three fingered hand rubbing my arm.
"C-casey said I was a liability, a-and that I use my powers to get what I want, and they're not even good powers cause they make you uncomfortable, and I'm a liabiliteeeeee!" I sobbed, shoulders shaking.
"Did that happen in your dream?"
"N-no, that happened last time I hung out with hi-him and A-Apru-April." I said, "but now I'm letting stupid emotions ruin the nice surprise you had planned and I feel awful!" I exclaimed.
"Zero, Hun, you didn't ruin anything, okay? How about you tell me what the dream was about so I can help." He said.

"W-well, you were dating M-Mona again, since I was "unstable," and when I found out my stupid powers went out of control, and I accidentally killed Mona, even though I didn't mean too, and then you were gonna kill me cause I'm a m-monster!" I said, and his hand massaged my scalp.
"Zero, I'm never gonna hurt you again, okay? I'll never consider you a liability, or unstable. I won't leave you for Mona, cause she's a psycho, and I will never, ever, consider you a monster, okay? I love ya, pipsqueak." He said, kissing my cheek.
"Love you too..." I mumbled, and he scooped me up, carrying me bridal style.
"Now then, princess, it's dark out; wanna go beat the snot out of Casey?" He asked.
"Yes, karma." I said.

~Five minutes later~

"GET YER SCRAWNY ASS BACK HERE JONES!"
"AAAAHHHHHH! I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO! PUT THE SAI DOWN DUDE!"