Trente

"You look amazing, baby," Charles compliments Sara on the black, short dress she's wearing, leaning forward over the sink in the bathroom as she applies a layer of red lipstick. "Thank you," Sara said, feeling the kiss he pressed to her bare shoulder. "Are you ready for tonight?" Charles asked. "I guess I am, I hope I am, don't think I am," Sara mutters, causing him to chuckle as his hands slide over her hips to draw her in, his nose catching a whiff of her perfume as she spritzed it on. She turned around in his embrace, sliding her hands up his chest, smoothing out the fine material of his shirt. "We'll be fine," he says, making her nod. "Alright, the car is ready for us," Sara said, her phone lighting up with the text of her driver, which her father had send. She reached for her purse, putting her phone in and making sure she didn't forget anything. Charles went to put his jacket on, taking his gun and putting it behind his belt at the back of his slacks. Sara saw it, but she didn't say anything about it. Charles kissed her cheek when he opened the door for her, and they walked outside.

The door of the car opened for them, the driver greeting Sara and Charles in a friendly way. They sat down in the backseat, Sara let out a soft sigh, checking the time when they got in, already calculating when they would be back in the apartment after the party. Charles' hand moved to her thigh, his touch warm and comforting as his fingers turned slow circles on her skin, telling her once more that they would be fine. The driver brought them to the property Sara her family owned in Ibiza, which was a spacious villa with a large garden. Sara knew her mother would have probably outdone herself with the organisation of the party. Veronica Abril truly knew how to throw a good party. The ride took about fifteen minutes, and the driver stopped the car at the end of the driveway. He got out to open the door for them. Charles got out first, offering Sara his hand, which she gladly took. Their fingers loosely entwined, and she adjusted her dress with her free hand, grabbing onto her purse as they walked down the carpet to the door. They were welcomed by the staff of the house, and they greeted Sara with a smile, which she returned.

Charles let go of her hand to reach for two glasses of champagne when one of the staff walked around with a plate of welcome drinks. Sara took it from him, wrapping her fingers around the stem off the fine glass before taking a sip. The entrance hall looked the same for as far as she could remember, except for the fresh layer of paint over the balustrade of the stairs that curled up to the first floor. A large Christmas tree was still occupying a lot of space in the middle, golden and silver ornaments decorating the at least three meter tall three that didn't even reach the insanely high ceiling of the villa. She swore her mother had watched the new Dynasty series and told Matteo Abril that she wanted the same villa as Fallon Carrington. Sara rose her eyebrows at her thoughts while she continued to sip on her champagne. Charles' hand brushed over her lower back, his eyes scanning the room and the people. "We should go to the garden," Sara said, making him nod. He followed her as she walked in front of him. He watched her greet some people she obviously knew. Charles remembered that they went to Ibiza usually every summer at least once, and then maybe during Christmas.

From what he could see, the Abril family continued that tradition, and had also celebrated Christmas here. The garden of the residence was lit up beautifully, Greek statues lined up alongside the pool as if Veronica had wanted to recreate Olympus right in her backyard. Charles liked the flowers in the simple garden he had, no need for bombastic things like these. Sara never complained about anything in his house, so he guessed she thought the same about the too enthusiastic garden design they were seeing now. "Sara!" The voice of her mother broke his thoughts. "My darling," Veronica spoke, making her way up to her daughter. "I'm so happy you're here, and so is your father," she cooed, wrapping Sara up in a hug. "And you look so beautiful, I suppose your husband is taking good care of you?" Veronica asked, looking between the two after kissing Charles' cheek. His arm was wrapped around her, pulling her gently into his side. "Of course I am, Mrs. Abril," Charles replied, the charming smile and his cute dimples directed at her mother was enough for her to clasp her hands together in satisfaction.