Douze

"Pretty, right?"

Sara turned her head when she heard Charles' voice behind her. "Yeah, it is," she muttered, looking in front of her again. It was early in the morning, and she couldn't sleep in anymore, so, Sara had gotten out of bed and decided to watch the sunrise. After they shared the moment in the bathtub last night, they seemed to agree on forgetting about it, at least temporarily. They went to dinner as if nothing had happened, and Sara called it an early night as she still felt exhausted. Charles had joined her in bed later. They hadn't cuddled, they hadn't kissed again, there was just a friendly distance between them. Which she wanted to keep that way. Or not. She didn't really know at the moment. Sara didn't expect Charles to wake up as well, and she was aware that she was wearing just a lacy thong and a top, no bra. She shook it off, deciding not to care about it. It's not like he was wearing a lot either, he showed up next to her in just some sweats. And they had just seen each other like this last night anyway.

Sara wasn't sure if her palms were a little sweaty because she was uneasy, but she crossed her arms over her chest, silently wiping her palms across her top. She took in a deep breath, leaning her head against the wall while looking out over the skyline of Las Vegas, the beautiful colours of the sunrise stretching across the horizon. "You're up early," Charles mentioned, moving to lean against the other side of the window, mimicking her position. "Couldn't sleep anymore. Probably the jet lag," Sara shrugged. He nodded, directing his eyes to the view. She looked at him briefly, but she wished she didn't. His abs - God, his abs, defined as he was slightly stretching his upper body. His skin was tanned from the time he spent outside in Monte Carlo. His jaw was slightly locked, the stubble over them fitted him perfectly, and with this morning light his eyes seemed to be even lighter. Sara pushed herself off the wall. "I'm going to take a shower," she announced. "Want me to order breakfast meanwhile?" Charles asked. "Sure," Sara replied, making her way out of the living room to head to the bathroom.

She closed the door behind her, twisting the lock, and she started the water to make sure it would be on temperature when she got in. Sara stripped herself from the two pieces of clothing she was wearing, and she moved the hair tie out of her hair, leaving it on the sink while opening the glass shower door to get under the running water. Sara splashed the water in her face and raked her fingers through her hair. She took a deep breath, trying to define whatever she was feeling right now. When he asked her last night if she felt anything, and she said nothing, was she lying? What did she feel? Aroused, but that didn't mean a lot. Would sex mean anything to him? In those four weeks, she had never seen him looking at another girl, or even hinting at any wanting physical intimacy. Last night was the first time he kissed her and touched her like he meant it, like he wanted to kiss her and hold her like had done. It's complicated. It's exactly that. And she couldn't say anything else about it.

Sara couldn't really get a hold of her thoughts and feelings, she had never felt this conflicted before. All because the way they were brought together was forced, and she couldn't figure out if anything she felt was real, and not because she was forced into this situation. But the things they did together, going out for diner, this trip to Las Vegas now, that wasn't forced. Hell, she even came up with this trip herself. Sara tilted her head back to splash some water in her face again, and she finally reached out for the shower gel to wash her body. She decided to leave it, and see whatever would come at her. Sara stopped the water not much later, squeezed the water out of her hair and stepped out of the cubicle. She wrapped one of the towels around her hair and the other around her body. Sara unlocked the bathroom door and walked out, making her way over to the bedroom, where her suitcase laid opened on the floor. She took a mint green top from her suitcase, and a white pair of jeans, some clean underwear, and reminded herself to unpack her suitcase as soon as she got dressed.