Vingt-Huit

Charles got out of his car at his usual parking spot in the marina of Monte Carlo. Pierre followed him closely and cut the engine as he parked next to Charles. He got out of his car, joining Charles as they walked down the sidewalk. "So, Alonso will deliver some useful information about your father's killer?" Pierre said, shoving a hand in the pocket of his slacks. "I hope he does," Charles replied. "His crew has been in Valencia, should be good intel from them," he continued. "Does Sara know?" Pierre asked, briefly feeling the gun behind his belt as they walked down the pier. "No, she doesn't," Charles started. "And I want to keep it that way. There's nothing for her to worry about," he added. Pierre stopped Charles in his steps, looking into his friend and partner's eyes. "If Matteo Abril killed your father, we both know you will kill him, Charles. And it's her father," Pierre said. Charles shook it off, continuing their way down to where they were going to meet Fernando. "I know, and I'll figure it out. She grew up in this environment, she has to understand the consequences," Charles said.

His answer had a tone that didn't allow Pierre to respond to it, but the Frenchman dropped it anyway. They walked up to the guarded yacht in between the others. The guards watched them for a second, demanding them to take off their shoes as they got onto the yacht. They were searched and Pierre had to hand in his gun, which he didn't like, but he suggested Charles had something, somewhere, in case anything went wrong. Pierre didn't know Alonso as well as Charles did, which was maybe the reason for any suspicion and distrust from his side. But the deal was good, and Pierre was glad that Charles was willing to split it and work together on the distribution of the weapons they received. The two men were guided to the main salon of the yacht, where Fernando was seated, dressed in black, a glass of liquor in front of him. "Friends, I'm glad you're here," the Spaniard spoke, standing up to shake Charles' hand. "This is my partner, Gasly, we're working together on this deal," Charles informed him. "I know, I know him," Fernando nodded, shaking Pierre's hand before they sat down at the table again.

"I'd like to see the information first," Charles started, declining the drink one of Fernando's girls wanted to pour into a glass for him. "Everything comes with a price," Fernando replies. "We'll figure that out when I leave," Charles bit, eager to see what Fernando's crew in Valencia came up with. If Matteo Abril did kill his father, the wedding party of Sara's parents was going to be very...festive. "Apparently this is the poison that was used to kill Hervé, and my friend Rodrigo. He was killed five years ago. I don't have the details further, you'd have to get in contact with someone else. I'm not putting my head out there as I have crew in Valencia," Fernando replied. "You didn't explain what Abril has to do with this," Charles replied, taking the pictures from him. "He's the one who ordered it and tortured him," Fernando said. "That's what I've heard. I know where Matteo got this," Fernando continued, tapping on the picture. He held his hand up for a pen, which was soon brought to him. He scribbled a name and a number down on the paper. "Ask there, but be careful," Fernando said.

Charles' eyes rose to his, his jaw slacked as he nodded. "Thanks," he relaxed a little, but he was filled with adrenaline at the same time, because he had more information than he had ever since he started the hunt for his father's killer. Charles didn't expect Fernando to just hand him over a name or point at someone and say 'this is the person who's responsible for your father's death', it was by far not going to be that easy. Charles was sure that Matteo Abril was able to keep a secret for a very long time, but the beginning was here now. "Good, now onto what I came here for in the first place," Fernando tapped his hand on the table before he moved it to his glass of liquor. Pierre signed for the guys at the door to come in, and the opened three suitcases with the weapons in it that Fernando was about to buy. Fernando looked over them briefly, signing to his men to take them. "Very good, considered everything else sorted," he said. "Good," Charles nodded, his eyes gliding over the suitcase of cash one of Fernando's men gave him. The two men shook hands, and Pierre did so too, before they were guided outside.