Vingt

"What are you doing?"

Charles' voice sounded behind her while Sara draped the Christmas lights over the banister, both her and Lando looking up while he was completely wrapped up in garlands and a Santa hat, looking like an idiot. A Christmassy idiot, though. "Christmas decorations," Sara replied. "I figured the house could use some," she said, and he chuckled as Lando started to unwrap the garlands, his cheeks colouring a little red as Charles had caught him looking like that. "Your mother shopped these," Sara added. "Don't you want some in your office?" she asked, and Charles pulled her close. "Not really, thanks," he let out a breathy laugh. "And you're...?" Charles turned to Lando. "Just helping her, sir," Lando said, adjusting his suit. "How about you get back to your shift?" Charles suggested, which made him nod and get back. "Don't be hard on him, I asked if he wanted to help," Sara said, her hands sliding over his chest, smoothing out the fabric of his button-up. He was wearing all black today, and he looked very handsome. "You know, my staff could have turned the house into a Christmas paradise within a day if you asked about it," Charles replied.

"I know, but you were busy," Sara said, looking up at him. His hands curled around her waist, pulling her further into his chest. "So, you take matters into your own hands when I'm busy?" Charles asked, a small grin curling his lips. "I do," she giggled, her arms curling around his neck. He leaned down, capturing her lips between his. "There's something I need to tell you, and you're probably not going to like it," Charles mutters against her lips. "What is it?" Sara asked, her eyebrows furrowing together. "My mother invited your parents over for dinner during Christmas," he said, and it made her pull back from him. "Without my permission?" Sara continued. "I didn't know about it either," Charles sighs, feeling his hands falling from her waist as she took a step back. "I think I was pretty clear that I didn't want anything to do with them after they threw me on your porch like a lost puppy," Sara said. "Baby, I know..." "Don't baby me now, Charles," she crossed her arms over her chest, and he sighed again deeply. "Look, all I can do is schedule the dinner at a restaurant instead of here at home and then invite others. That's the best I can do," Charles said. "I know your family is a sensitive topic, but we've talked about this before," he added.

"And there's no need to fight about this or have a silly argument. Your parents insisted on visiting you during Christmas. End of discussion," Charles said. "Don't handle me like I'm twelve," Sara snarled. "Sometimes we have to face disappointing or difficult situations, you can't always buy or brat your way out of it. I have to get back to work," Charles said, finishing the conversation and getting into his office. Sara shook her head, picking up the Christmas decorations again, but she had lost the mood to continue. She dropped the box at the end of the stairs, facing Dennis when she stood up straight. She jumped a little as he suddenly came into her sight. "Is everything alright?" Dennis asked. "It's fine, I guess," she muttered, tucking some hair behind her ear. "Aren't you happy your parents are coming over for Christmas?" he asked then, and she narrowed her eyes a little, but decided to not make a scene with Dennis again. "Not really, actually," Sara replied. "I worked for your father a couple of years ago," he said then, crossing his arms over his chest. "Have you?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing together with confusion. "Yes, but I was rarely at the house, so, you probably have never seen me before," Dennis said. She slowly nodded. "Then you can figure out why I don't want my parents here during Christmas," she said, moving upstairs before he could reply anything.

Charles noticed she had gone upstairs by the way the Christmas decorations were put away, and he ordered the staff to finish it while he got some coffee and an afternoon snack. He had to make a couple of phone calls before he was done. He wasn't sure if Sara was mad at him, she had been upset by the news, but he figured she'd come to him soon. Carlos had brought Charles in contact with Sergio Perez, a rich supplier from Mexico. He was supplying a lot in Latin America, but was interested in expanding his European circle, which was perfect for Charles. He put his coffee down and took his phone in his hand, dialing the number Carlos had left for him. The Mexican picked up after a while, and while he sounded a little suspicious and careful at first, he agreed to meet him in Milan with Carlos in a couple of days. The doors of his office creaked open, and he looked up to see Sara, a satin robe draped over her figure, her hair slightly wet, and she looked freshly showered, making him wonder what time it was. "You know what I told you about coming in here when I'm working," Charles spoke up. "I know, don't worry," she replied. "So, what are you doing here?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.