Dix

"That dress is absolutely gorgeous, and I've been drinking in the courage to say that the whole night already." Sara turned around when she heard the voice behind her, and she was met with a tall blonde. "Well, thanks," Sara chuckled, having her cocktail glass in one hand while reaching the other towards the woman. "I'm Antonella, Antonio's girlfriend," she said. "I see," Sara nodded. "Sara...Leclerc," she chose to introduce herself with, to get familiar with mentioning the surname anytime she'd had to introduce herself in the future and to more of Charles' partners. "Feels good to say it, right?" Antonella giggled, nudging her side. "For sure," Sara lied. "So, you're with Antonio?" she asked, the two slowly walking off to their men who were talking with some partners at the bar. "Yeah, I don't show up often at parties, but I like to come along to weddings, get some inspiration for ours," Antonella sighed, shrugging a little. "I hear you," Sara nodded, seeing Isa was caught up in a conversation with some other women.

"Where is your honeymoon destination?" Antonella asked, finding her boyfriend's side. Antonio was still talking to Carlos, but his arm curled around her waist to pull her in. "We don't know yet, I haven't been able to decide yet," Sara let out a breathy laugh. "Last couple of weeks were hectic," she confirmed. "I see, well. His jet can take you wherever you want to go, you only have to pack your bags," Antonella smiled, lifting her glass for hers to clink against it. "Yeah, of course. Trophy Wife life," Sara muttered. "Hey, everything alright?" Charles asked her, he was seated on one of the bar stools, tie undone a long time ago and draped over his shoulders, the upper buttons of his button-up opened. "I'm fine," Sara nodded, a small smile on her lips. She wasn't drunk, she was just tired. And she hoped the party would be over soon. She was done talking to all these strangers thinking they were happily ever after. Charles had been sweet to her today, and she had found comfort in that they were in the exact same boat, as two of the people here.

Carlos, Antonio and Max looked at her, and she shuffled to stand between Charles' legs while sipping on her drink. "How are you doing, Mrs. Leclerc?" Max asked. "Pretty good," Sara said, lifting her hand to let the diamond of her ring sparkle under the light. "Kelly went home already?" she asked. She had briefly spoken to Max's girlfriend, Kelly, earlier this night. "Yes, my mother was babysitting Penelope, and Kelly didn't want to be home too late," Max explained. "I'm going soon as well," Max added after he checked the time on his watch. "We should go soon, too," Charles said, one of his hands caressing her cheek. "Oh, the newly-weds leaving to their room," Carlos teased, making Sara roll her eyes, she leaned back against Charles' chest. "I agree, though," Sara said, and Charles nodded. It didn't take long before a lot of the guests had already left the ballroom, and Charles and Sara left a little after one a.m. The venue had a bridal suite for them, and they were both glad the hotel room was only a walk through the building away.

"Oh my god," Sara leaned back against the door when it closed behind them. "Finally," she added, moving down to take her shoes off. She threw them in the corner, next to the little sofa. The room was really big. "Say that," Charles muttered. "Can you unzip me?" Sara asked, not able to reach the dress on her back. "Depends on if you're wearing something underneath it?" Charles awkwardly asked, not accidentally wanting to see her naked. "Would I ask to unzip me if I was naked underneath?" Sara asked. "Good point," Charles mumbled, walking up to her to unzip her dress. "Thanks," she said. She had already laid out a shirt and some sweats to wear to bed, and she took them, locking herself into the bathroom. Charles briefly opened the door of the balcony, letting in some fresh air. He unbuttoned his shirt, and threw it over the chair in the corner. There was a bottle of water on the nightstand, and he turned the cap off before drinking it. Sara came out of the bathroom again, her hair out of the braids, her face makeup free. "We can't separate the beds," Charles said.

"I'll take the couch, it's fine," Sara said, and he wanted to protest, but he let it slide. "Alright, do you want to go to sleep or watch some TV or something?" Charles asked. "I want to sleep, I'm exhausted," Sara said, rubbing her tired eyes. "You can stay up if you want," she said, but he shook his head. Charles went to the bathroom to splash some water in his face and brush his teeth. He stripped from his slacks, and walked out again. The lights were dimmed already, and Sara was curled up under a blanket on the sofa. The sofa was large enough for sure, but he doubted if she would be comfortable. He didn't have the energy to fight over who got to sleep in the bed. If she didn't feel comfortable to sleep in one bed with him, he wasn't going to argue against it. Charles closed the balcony door and crawled under the soft sheets of the bed. He reached to switch off the light on his nightstand. He folded his hands behind his head. "Goodnight, wife," he spoke up.