Dix-Huit

Back in Monaco, back in the Leclerc residence, back to the normal life of a normal mafia wife. Sara lifted her sunglasses to her forehead as the car drove through the gates, disappointed that she couldn't hide the jet-lag anymore that was clearly visible on her face. She hadn't been able to sleep during the flight, and she was awake for probably more than twenty-four hours already. "Are you coming?" Charles asked, and she snapped out of her thoughts, making him chuckle as she finally moved to open the car door and get out. It was early in the morning, the staff probably had some breakfast ready for them. Although, she hoped so, because she was starving. She was dressed in a pair of sweats and a cropped top, her hair messily tied in a bun in the back of her neck. She rubbed her tired eyes, watching how the staff got their suitcases out of the SUV. "You can go to sleep soon," Charles hummed, kissing her temple. "Mhm," she replied, agreeing with the idea. "Good morning, Charles, Sara," Lando greeted them friendly. "Dennis is back from his trip to Norway, he's back on shift since this morning," Lando informed Charles.

"Good, tell him to meet me in my office in about an hour," Charles replied, nodding contently as they entered the hallway. "No need to, sir. I heard you," Dennis Hauger replied, bowing gently for his boss. He looked between Sara and Charles for a second, his lips parting to speak up, but he didn't say anything. Charles saw the quick glance at Sara, and his hand moved to her lower back. "Dennis, this is my wife, Sara." The way he introduced her caused the goosebumps to rise upon her body. "Hi, I'm Sara," she smiled, her hand extending to shake his. Dennis smiled at her. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Leclerc. I'm Dennis, I'm guarding the mornings alongside Lando," he introduced himself. "You didn't get me with my best appearance, though," she chuckled. "Don't worry about it," Dennis said. Sara smiled at Lando next, and Charles moved forward to get to the dining room, where breakfast was served. It was a sunny day for the start of December in Monaco, while the soft breeze had been freezing when they were outside just yet. The personnel brought their luggage upstairs and unpacked it for them.

Sara sat down in one of the large seats, happy to see the table covered with muffins, pancakes, freshly baked bread. She requested a large mug of warm chocolate, and she pulled a hoodie over her head to get warmer. "I haven't seen Dennis before," Sara started. "He was on a trip to Norway, his family lives there," Charles said. "Do they all get time off?" Sara asked. "Of course," Charles replied. "Everyone has a family here," he said. "It's important they go and see their family," he added. Sara nodded. "Is it safe?" she asked. Charles looked up at her. "Not completely," he replied. "But they are trained well, they know how to stay out of the visor of competitive crews," he explained. Sara sipped on her hot chocolate, looking over at him from over the top of her mug. "Why all the questions?" Charles asked, making her shrug. "Just curious. You know, for when you go out for business," she said. "Oh, you do care about me?" Charles teasingly said, making her roll her eyes at him with a scoff. "I will be fine, ma belle, no worries," he assured her. Sara leaned back in her chair, propping her feet up while eating a muffin.

She felt rosy from the long flight, tired from the lack of sleep. Charles got up from his chair after wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Where are you going?" Sara asked, getting up too. He walked around the table to meet her. "I have to get back to work, baby," he said. "Already?" She pouted, her eyebrows furrowing together. "Can't you cuddle with me for a bit?" She asked, her fingers curling into the material of his shirt. Charles chuckled at her needy behavior, pulling her close and kissing her forehead. "Later, okay?" he said, and she nodded. Charles grabbed another cup of coffee and disappeared into his office. Sara yawned, and she decided to get upstairs and sleep. "Headed to bed, Mrs. Leclerc?" Dennis asked her, and she smiled at him. "Definitely," she said. "I'll make sure to keep everything silent upstairs," he said. She continued to walk up the stairs. She was about to walk into the direction of the guest room she had been staying in, but she turned around, slowly opening the door of Charles' room. Sara wasn't sure if she had ever been in Charles' room before they went to Las Vegas.