Onze

"Seriously, Las Vegas?" Lando asked while leaning against the wall while Sara was packing her suitcase. Sara shrugged. "Why not? He told me I could pick any destination," she replied. "Most women would pick a romantic honeymoon destination. Like Paris. Or something dreamy like Bora Bora, the Maldives," Lando summed up, which made her turn around. "I'm not most women, Lando," she said. He cocked his head and agreed with her on that. "Alright," Lando admitted with a soft chuckle. "Vegas has beautiful lights, atmosphere, the Eiffel Tower. It's basically Paris," she said, making him snort. "That's not true, but sure," Lando said, watching her folding some more shirts into the suitcase. In four weeks, Sara and her guard have gotten comfortable around each other, which was mainly the reason why she didn't mind him being in her room while she was packing her clothes and underwear. Lando frowned as she kept adding thongs and thin panties. "Aren't you leaving for, like, five days?" he asked. "What if I shit myself three times on day 1, Lando?" Sara asked, continuing as she folded skirts and pretty dresses in the suitcase.

"Okay, okay," Lando lifted his hands in defeat. Sara used a smaller, second suitcase for her shoes, and she threw in a couple of heels and flats. She already packed her toiletry bag and her makeup bag. "Will you be fine during the trip? I mean, it's the two of you besides some necessary guards," Lando expressed his concerns, clearly remembering how both Charles and Sara had behaved towards each other during the first week. And the second. And a part of the third. "We're okay. I guess," Sara said, zipping up her suitcases and putting them up on their wheels. "Do you have feelings for him?" Lando asked. "What's this? An interrogation?" Sara asked, and Lando shrugged now. "I'm just curious." "No, I don't. I think," she said. "You think," Lando stated, one of his eyebrows rising and a grin slowly curling his lips. "He's good-looking, alright? You are good-looking too, and I don't have feelings for you either," Sara said, and he placed his hand over his heart. "Ouch, darling." Sara rolled her eyes, handing him a handle of one of her suitcases. Sara closed the door of her room behind her, and they headed down the stairs.

Her other suitcase was taken by another guard and brought to the car outside. "So, there's attraction, but nothing else yet," Lando continued. "Not at the moment. Look, if I came across him in a bar or in a club, and he'd offer me to sit with him and his mafia friends, I'd accept," Sara sighed. "But... It's complicated. And I don't want to talk about it anymore," she said, looking up at him. "I got it," Lando replied. "What's complicated?" Charles came out of his office, his phone still in his hand, and it looked like he just finished a call. "You are. Can we go now?" Sara asked, causing Lando to chuckle when Charles looked up at him. He was used to it by now, and a hint of amusement even glided across Charles' face. "Of course," he said. Charles' suitcases were already loaded into the car, and they only had to get in themselves to leave. His jet was ready at the airport of Nice. They would have a short stop in New York, refuel, and then continue the flight to McCarran International Airport. Sara and Charles got into the backseat of the car, and they headed to the airport. "The flight is so long, though," Sara remarked. "Do we get breakfast on the jet?" She asked.

"Mhm."

"Lunch?"

"Mhm."

"Snacks?"

"Sara, stop being such a brat. I organized everything for us to leave within twenty-four hours after you said you wanted to go to Vegas," Charles said, turning his face towards her. They looked at each other for a moment. "Sorry," Sara let out a breathy laugh. It was the right way to handle her. Charles suppressed a grin and he looked away again. They didn't say much during the drive, they had sixteen hours on a plane together anyway. Sara had her hair up in a bun, not caring much about looking good on his private jet. She hoped she could sleep a little to prevent the jet lag. It would be around nine in the morning when they arrive in New York. And still morning when they arrived in Las Vegas. Timezones, how crazy are they? The car dropped them off at the airport, and while Charles spoke to the pilot, the staff loaded their luggage on board. They got up the stairs and entered the jet. Sara hadn't seen his jet before, but she liked the interior.