"So you're really back huh?" She quirks her eyebrow, chewing on a piece of gum. "Only for the summer." She seems to be disappointed by that, but doesn't say anything. "So, what brings you into the shop today?" She walks back around the counter, and drums her fingers on the table. "Uh, well I was kinda looking for a job." I laugh nervously, but all I notice is her face lighting up.

"Oh my, please work here! With that boy always in a grumpy mood, having you here will—" I don't mean to be rude and cut her off, but now I'm interested in who this guy is. "Wait, who else works here?" She waves her hand in the air, and scrunches up her face as if she's thinking really hard.

"Gosh, that boy never speaks, barely works either. It's on the tip of my tongue. M...Miso?" Oh lord help me please. "Milo?" I suggest. She looks over at me, her eyes holding questions. "Yeah, yeah that's it." She looks off out the front window and then back at me. "That man needs some light in his life." What if I'm the one that took it away though?

"I don't know...what would I do?" If Mama Hazel asks me one more time I might just give in. She can be a hard head, and stern when it comes to certain things, but she's also the sweetest old woman in the town of Hastings.

'Serve ice cream, take orders, make coffees. Whatever you want. Just please, or I'll call your mom." Even with her threat, I still hesitate. Do I really want to work with him, I mean I'll probably just make it worse. Then again, it would be a great way to spend time with him and get to know him. At least the new him. Another plus, it would be a way for me to try and get closer to Luna.

There are a lot of benefits for me here. "Ok, sure. When will I start?" Her eyes light up like fireworks at my words. "How about tomorrow? Morning?" I nod, slowly, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'll be working with Milo.

"So, what can I get for you today?" She says, now seeming so much happier now that I'm working for her. "How about whatever you consider your best pastry." She nods her head, and walks into the back room behind the swinging doors.

I take my time admiring Mama Hazel's work, all her desserts and sandwiches in the display box. It's all so pretty. I almost forgot how wonderful this place used to be. "Alright, here you go. Will that be all?" I grab the bag and start to grab my card out when her hand stops me. "Oh no, consider it a welcome back present."

"Oh, Mama Hazel, you don't have to do that." She shakes her head telling me she's not going to give in. Stubborn women. "So, how did you know Milo?" By the mischievous look in her eyes, it seems like she might know the answer to her question. I gulp. This lady can and always has been able to read me like an open book.

"We're neighbors." I say, shrugging. She nods her head slowly, jutting her chin outward. "Ok...well. It was nice to see you. Is there anything else in particular you need help with?" I think for a second. I do need new bikinis. "Do you know a place that sells good bikinis? She smiles, and rounds the corner.

I follow her to the back of the store where a door opens up, leading to the peer where there are multiple more stores. "See 2 shops down next to the ice cream place." I nod. "There." She pats my back and pushes me out the door. "See you later Mama Hazel." I waved goodbye to her, and began my next journey. "See you soon hun." I continue my walk, with a happy content smile on my face.

This day has totally flipped around to the good side.

___