𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐔𝐬 [𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧, 𝐬𝐤𝐳]

chan x g.n¡reader

keep in mind as you read that I haven't a clue about how boxing matches work

• this one's pretty long, since it's channie's birthday !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS LOVE

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS LOVE

~~~

We've been best friends since that night we both ironically snuck out of our family homes that one chilly night. Suffering from sleep paralysis and insomnia will scare away your ability to sleep, and since the house is so quiet at night, I need an escape.

I had no idea I'd run into my supposed 'enemy' at the beach at 2am. Despite the being clear and without stars, it allowed the moon to shine brightly; the moon owned the sky that night. We quite literally bumped into each, both our body's landing in the damp sand near the shore, due to us having our brains immersed into whatever was playing through our earphones.

That night Chan and I talked for hours, the history of our two rivaling families pushed far to the back of our minds. He was the oldest, and I was a twin to the second oldest, but apart from that we had so much in common. Technically speaking our families weren't our blood (apart from my twin brother), we botu came from orphanages that trained their kids in various forms of fighting.

My brothers and I were raised into boxing, as was Chan and his brothers, and so therefore we met countless times in the ring when we started entering tournaments. I've only fought Chan once, when we were around ten – at that age we were still developing our strengths, and so it didn't feel all that serious.

But now, as him and I sit as full grown young adults, having crossed the line of friendship a long time ago, our hearts were in conflict with our honor.

"Y/n," his voice was soft when it reached my ears, as my head was pressed deep into the crook of his warm neck.

"Yes ?"

He releases a soft breath, before pecking my head. "I know the orphanages teach us to be fearless and brave from a very young age," I tilt my head in order to see his expression. He stared out through my bedroom window, a mix of emotions swarming in his gaze. "But I'm scared right now, and I'll be even more scared tomorrow in that ring."

I sit up, grasping his hands and pulling Chan up to sit crossed legged opposite me. Holding his hands tightly, I raised them and placed a soft kiss to his knuckles. "I know it's different this time, and the stipulations of our match are a lot more intense than before," a flicker of hatred sparks in my gaze as I remember our families agreeing and discussing the rules of our match. "But the outcome isn't going to change anything Chan. In the end, bruised and battered, I'll still love you."