𝐍𝐃𝐀 (𝐩𝐭 2)

SM Entertainment, Friday

"Wait y/n-"

"Slow down unnie !"

The members requests prove ineffective as y/n's steps only quicken towards the board room, a determined yet furious expression plastered on her face. The echo of her platform combat boots echo in the otherwise quiet hallway, the members almost out of breath by her unexpectedly fast pace.

Reaching the board room, the moment she swings the door open, and the members sneakers squeak against the tiles as the halt behind their leader, she throws the article she had been death-gripping in her hand onto the board table.

"Care to explain ?" she spits out, crossing her arms over her chest, a glare equipped with daggers and spears aimed in the manager's direction.

Lisa and Chaeyoung shared looks of worry, knowing what y/n's curt tone implied - she wasn't leaving this boardroom without clarity, something YG painfully lacked.

Jisoo and Jennie on the other hand, stood tall behind their leader, ready to back her up in an instant - they were just as furious about these outrageou on downright false rumors. Even the poster is fake ! Right ?

The manager let's out a sigh that resembles one with a parent's who's problem child came to complain for umpteenth today. Y/n wasn't like that though, the company just knows how to constantly get on her last nerve.

Reading the article in a mono-toned and evidently bored voice, he looks back at y/n and the members. "What's there to explain ? The article seems pretty clear to me, and last time I checked I was the senior with bad eyesight."

Y/n clenches her jaw, Jisoo having to grip Jennie's wrist tightly before the latter threw a crude comment his way that wouldn't definitely gotten them into trouble.

"So the poster about an upcoming "album" with them, after we just released our 3rd comeback, is true ? So a collaboration with that company is true ? And us "ecstatic members of Blackpink can't wait to collaborate and create a new sound with their longtime rival" is true ?" y/n quotes the article with exaggerating waves of her hand, while her other balls up in a fist beside her.

The manager has a look that just makes y/n want to backhand his face. "Yes." he simply answers, no intending to given context to this new found information.

"And you were going to tell us this when exactly ?" Jisoo now asks, furrowing her brows as she makes sure to keep her tone calm. It took a single glance at y/n's face that it was her turn to talk now, as her leader needs a couple of minutes to asess the situation.

"Well, you know now don't you ?" The manager shrugs as he begins to gather his things, preparing to end this meeting before it even started. "So prepare yourselves, you'll be gathering with the members of Aespa tomorrow night in the dance studio to discuss the way forward and how you're gonna "create a new sound" okay ?"

His question sound a lot more like a statement, and one where the members were given no choice in the matter - like always.

•••
T

he reaction from the latter group wasn't as similar and hesitant as Blackpink's - well, most of the group at least.