Chapter 38 - Deeper Cave, a Journal of Memories

As they went deeper into the cave, it didn't take long for her to notice another entrance, another hole; and as Cain remembered it was another hole which led to another room, where they kept the treasures, charmed items, pendants and the heirlooms of his family.

As he remembered it to be.

He hadn't visited the place in a while, and it had been in his schedule to check on it yearly. And that he hadn't for a good 3 years. It was his job to keep everything in place. To check whether something had gone missing, or whether they had been under attack, if they'd stolen some of their treasured heirlooms.

And to decide, that he wanted to take some of them with him. For the sake of protection, and for the other for the sake of keeping it safe. Some are far too precious and valuable to be left alone inside a cave. Even though the entrance to it is invisibly charmed.

"It's in there. Let's go." He spoke, breaking the silence, to which Averithe lightly nodded, following him suit.

And he shocked Averithe as he trudged forward, a mere step in front of her, and with his hand that he held forward, with a palm open that he held it there for a couple of seconds, before he brought it back down. The cave didn't seem to change much, except the small gust of wind that she felt, to be cold and welcoming. That she knew this. Knew this from somewhere. It was oddly familiar, but her head was blank as a paper, as Cain turned to look at her.

"Come. It's right there." He spoke.

To which she almost gaped in awe, but it only came out as a small gap between her lips. As he walked forward ahead of her, she snapped out of her head before she followed suit behind him.

The room. The space inside, she expected to be dark and damp. But it wasn't. It was finely built and structured with cases that aligned with such symmetry it almost made her blood rise in an over-exceeding expectation.
She didn't expect the wood to be so old either.

As it held and witheld the weight of the treasured items, ornaments, and what seemed to be fine objects that were meant to be stored; preserved.

She wouldn't dare touch them. They all seemed to glow with the color and the
sizes that they were. With its sparkle and glimmer which seemed to be anonymously forged from the purest form of a harvest from the ground itself.

Gems, ornaments. Vases that looked so tiny. As she looked around and saw Cain before her. Grabbing a few items, observing them and putting it back down.

"Some of the items here are charmed. But taken by someone more powerful than them, it is possible." He spoke, a grim look on his face, afterwards. He spoke so lowly, in his voice of tone that she caught, which she couldn't help but think if something was wrong.

"I'll be taking some of these stuff with me. To keep us protected. And for, safe-keeping. In case something happens." He spoke as he glanced over to her.

She nodded, "Of course."

"Let's go." He spoke, to Averithe's confusion, and to which he pressed a button at the far corner, an edge that was hidden by some of the racks.
Camouflaged by the same, dark coloring walls that it had. And she didn't even notice it one bit.

"There's more to it." He spoke as he ducked down and entered into a smaller cabin. And she followed suit as well, ducking down to make sure that she wouldn't bump her head into the ceiling and made an embarrassment out of herself and an outcome of doing something silly.

She thought she'd been there, done, and over that.

As they entered, they were presented by a luminous glow. A moonlight appeared from the side ther seemed to shine and keep company of whatever items that were stored there.