Chapter 27 - They were all Vampires

The bite was not that deep, she observed. As she prepared to meet herself with everyone else down below the stairs - quite exaggerating as she may thought, that the whole squad or even newcomers might even attend this lunch meeting. Or a weekend feast, she'd thought.

As she observed, and wished that the bite would disappear in an instant, it didn't, of course. It might have gone for another 2-3 days, and which she had no way of recovery or healing methods to make it disappear. Or hide it in some way. Nonetheless she tried not to inch her neck way too over to the side, so that she wouldn't grab anyone's attention, and so on, seek the question of what that bite is. Or what mark it is.

She sighed. She didn't protest -- this time that any of the wardrobes or the outfit that she had to wear, but nonetheless, the mark that Cain left behind had been so obvious that she was scared that anybody could have noticed and asked her about it. All about it- which she had not yet prepared the sacred sentences she could to explain such a thing to another. Or yet, another vampire. Maybe.

If not, everyone who has fangs would have noticed her if she were to appear downstairs and make a stop. In the meantime, that she had not yet been downstairs and was now in the safety cabinet of her room, which she felt to be quite comfortable, she glanced at her hair, the way it waved and her ornament on her right side. The flower of a glimmer, and a type of a hibiscus, or a tulip, she could not figure out.

As she had figured, that the man might not be ready yet, she mustered up the courage and the motivation to go down herself. Preparing her hair with one last brush before she went, setting it down on her bedside table and closed the door on her way, made her way down the stairs as her hand slid down the railings as she went. It was not that long, before she knew it, she had reached the last step of stairs. And to which she was met with a buzz of business. The clatters, chatters and the bombardment of maids all running around.

During the day of this time of day, where the feast has not yet begun and she could see the chastises the maids made as they peanced carrying sheets, trays, plates and all the ingredients that she could see from where she stood down. Off of chaos that she saw, she saw the man on her left, standing by the stairs with his hands behind his back, observing and which she wanted to know his name to, but cancelled.

She felt disappointed, yet again that her man has not arrived yet, but that didn't make her go back upstairs and knock on his door, or do nothing for the moment, perhaps it would just take matters to a whole new direction of which she didn't want it to go. She wished, that he would just get down faster, and accompany her through this loneliness and of her treacherous morning. 

"I hope you are enjoying yourself for the momentary being, and I hope you won't forget that the feast will be starting soon enough." He spoke, slightly glancing at her as she stood not far from him, surprised to hear his voice suddenly speaking, or even, breaking her heart out of her cage. It was the man who led her to the guest room. Embarrassing enough. 

He turned, and looked at her, a smile lingering on his face as she tried to smile back. But all she could muster was a single smile on her lips, and she hoped that it was enough. She snapped her head back towards the maids, observing them as she stood at the sidelines. 

She felt self-conscious. She didn't want him to look at her that long, or even notice the teeny-tiny vampire bite that she had not too far from her line of neck. And she was starting to feel anxious. 

"I see you have a little vampire bite on your neck." He stated, looking back at the maids running around, chattering in haste and bringing out a hot poach of turkey, or what seemed to be a giant chicken. 

"How was it?" He said as he looked at her, and smiled. 

"How was what?" She snapped to look at him.