Chapter 23 - A Hopeless Romance

Just yesterday, he stopped at her doorstep. Apparently he had heard the conversation and he looked furious enough if she didn't go with him. So she agreed.

And to that he was glad, slightly beamed at her as if it was the best thing on earth. Which it probably wasn't that much of a celebration. As she sighed as she started at him, the reply made him glimmer and a whole lot youthful, which is probably just her imagination.

And today, she thought, was the day that she would go and ask him for his arm --his company. And it wasn't even the next, or tomorrow. A day of a few hours that had passed, seemed to be a breeze to her needs. Attendants, maids and properties that were to be borrowed, used and probably returned taken by the maid knocking at her door.

It may seem oblivious, but that was what probably would happen. And to of course, the fact that she said that her and him would go together. And it wasn't that much of a big deal, a whole lot of reason that she didn't understand. As she regretted the reminisced words that she said to him, she really didn't have much of a choice. Or else he'd kill her. And she would still be alive.

She sighed as she walked, walking down the hallway towards his chamber of doom. A door that she had passed repeatedly --saw, but never visited unless it was at that one time she went in which turned out to be a whole lot of disaster, and a few times before that that she had to run errands from the requests of the maids of delivering a few roses, items or as such that she didn't know what it was for, but still did it anyways.

She had made, the makeup on her face plain and an original. The blush and creamery on her makeup to make it seem that she was a little bit sweet, young adult who just entered into a new phase, or just a dreamy contour or glam with red lips and a whole lot of pink around the eyes.

Which she learned from the past couple that it was pretty helpful when attending a celebration. Thanks to this man. As she sighed and stood in front of his door.

And maybe it was time to let go of things and be brave, bold and let fate take its course as she lived her very own life.
Hopefully, this time she would not piss him off and enter into a timeless loophole where she just stood frozen on the ground. Like that time, where she would succeed in just talking, and ended being kissed and liplocked with a man whom she just doesn't want to get close to. Too close together. Which doesn't seem to be a great idea for her, or her future where she needs and destiny, adventure and life.

And she overthinked too much as she should be knocking for the door. Which she did. After a blatant argument. Swinging it open, she seemed to become too worried. And in that case, it didn't take long for her to open the door, locking eyes with the man whom she didn't want to meet with the most - particularly at this night. His glazed eyes stared down at her as she stared, the action made her uncomfortable and she wished she didn't open the door. Just back at her room. Alone and comfy.

His suit of a tuxedo didn't help either as he looked much more charmingly handsome in those, adding to the golden chains she noticed on both his wrists, he seemed like a landlord. More of an old, young landlord who seems to be taking charge and in a way, controlling things his own way.

She didn't realise how long she had been staring until he cleared his throat. A prep of which she had prepared throughout the night, this couldn't be a disaster.
She spoke too soon as he approached quickly, stopping too close to her that she just wanted to punch him in the face. imaginatively.

"Ave-"

"Let's go." She spoke quietly.

She didn't know what to say. Out of all things, her heart wrenched that she had to say that one.

"Hey, are you guys ready?" The man, who destroyed her almost successfull plans of escaping appeared, plastered with a smile on his face - the man who she met downstairs at the foot of the step, and the one who almost shocked her to death.