Chapter 29 - Baby of Winter

One day when everything was white, she dreamed, when she saw the tiny, little powders of white fall, of droplets which were endless and disappeared when they land.

A time where she didn't feel cold, but she was in a field of snow. Winter.
A time where everything was white and there was nothing, besides the sky and the clouds up above.

To which she looked up, and it was bright as day. One day as she looked, the weather felt nice and she was up in the clouds. Breezy and a swithering feeling inside her chest, developing into a warm blanket around her heart. It was as if everything was fine, a normal day on a winterfall.

Until in one swoop it turned all into darkness, and it was night all of a sudden. The darkness lit and
the moon shone together, with the sparkles of stars up in the sky. It was as if she moved to another place and time. And which she had no idea. Somewhere unknown.

Until she looked up and she was now in a royal bedroom. A master bedroom made for a child. The paintings and drawings representing a princess, of molds and shapes that require hard work and talent, and a painting above a fireplace that seemed to be her.

She looked down, and she saw a fireplace. Lit up as it swayed with the wind. And to think that now, she sat down, and propped her elbows on one of the chairs, absorbing the heat, and how her life had always been the same. She had always been in the same space - of her room that was pretty too large for her own size. She was tiny. Her tiny dress flailed as she walked around - travelled around. And which she wished she had something more - something more important to do.

She had always been doing nothing. A space of time - of free activities during the day and it made her delusional out of her mind. At a 2 year old of a stage, she would always sit by the fire, prop her elbows down on the tiny, comfy chair in front of it that would reach her height. Everything was. And she would always just stare at the fire crackles. Her eyes glowed, reflecting the fire as it moved relentlessly with the air.

And at 2 years old, she was not that big. But she was bigger than the children compared to of the royal households back in the day. And she had always felt bored. Left out and watching on the sides as she made friends and they played together. It was not that big of a deal.

Her dresses were pretty, sure enough. But that didn't stop her wills and wants to play with doll houses, and tiny dolls. Dressups, and the colorful toys she could always dream of. As she stared at the fire, her favorite night of the winter season. Midnight, she didn't realise, as she continued her relentless schedule.

She stood bored, unmuscled, and her feet folded propping her body. Feeling the warmth from the fire, and the cold from the outside of the balcony. To which she left it open slightly for just a little bit. To let in the cold air. And she turned, the midnight snow falling in vain and intriguing - inviting to her. She walked, and she pushed the large, tall windows open, to be met with a cold, breezy air. It wafted against her face and blew her hair and dress away.

She almost sneezed, to which she sniffed and blinked it aside.

She sighed, as she was now in cold air. And breathed it in. The air felt cool and clean to her. She was maybe a little too  short of stature for the balcony, but she was tall enough to see it all the same - clearly of what's the view before her.

The garden, below her, of what seemed to be thick trees and bushes surrounding them. And the town - before her - of what seemed to be tiny boxes with a dim golden light at the side. The tiny cubes looked and aligned together, so close that they appear to be crumbs of the mousses that she liked to eat. Tiny. As the lighthouses shone to represent the night. And keeping them away from the complete darkness that it used to become later in the day.