Chapter 24 - Forced to truth

Tommy's POV

Laying on the couch, I filter through my thoughts, ignoring anything associated with Katerina and focusing on tonight's developments with Alessia. Not what I was expecting! Despite Giacomo's efforts, Alex chose to remain linked to the Morellis. Disappointed, he disowned his son and opted to take a large settlement for his silence. "You will pay for everyone one of your sins," were the last words he spoke to Alex. I agree we all pay for our sins, and Giacomo's punishment is his daughter. As far as the Morellis are concerned, it's settled unless Giacomo runs his mouth. Glancing at the time, I sigh. I've officially hit twenty hours awake. I'm unable to find any solace, and as I lay here, I can feel various muscles in my body spasm from pure exhaustion.

Balling my hand into a fist, I tap my forehead, desperate to silence the noise in my head. My thoughts didn't veer for long and now resume haunting me. In an instance, I've lost the capability to switch my mind off; my conscious refuses to erase Katerina. I no longer recognize myself. Even when I catch some shut-eye, she doesn't exit my thoughts, and the dreams commence. With every day that passes, instead of my mental state improving, it continues to deteriorate, and the antidote is Katerina Alexiou.

Standing to my feet, I seal the bottle of bourbon to my lips and gulp. My alcohol consumption has increased dramatically, yet I still can't sleep. Dragging my bare feet on the hardwood, I stare at the bottle, and my anger escalates. Gritting my teeth, my chest heaves, and my mind torments me, recalling the most recent moments with Katerina. She accepted my dark desires. Those brown orbs filled with excitement, and I've never felt more alive. I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and halt my steps. My body is covered in a light sweat. Unshaven with bloodshot eyes, I resemble an addict. The night she left replays, making me feel like nothing less than a dog. Frothing, I throw the bottle shattering the mirror. Every part of me is craving her. I don't know what's worse, committing to a relationship and battling fear every day or this.

Closing my eyes, I evict my thoughts at the sound of the elevator door opening. Balling my hands into fists, I stand in front of the broken mirror. "You're a mess," Stefano notices.

"What are you doing here?"

"Checking in. You ignored my messages, so I'm here."

Running a hand over my mouth, I breathe through the pain in my chest. "I'm fine, and I want to be alone."

Turning, I glance at Stefano. Diving his hands into his pockets, he strolls toward me, "Fine, huh?" He sweeps his eyes, staring at the broken glass surrounding my feet.

Taking a step forward, I'm chest to chest with my brother. As anger heightens by the second, I'm keen for a release, "I'm losing my fucking mind," my voice amplifies. Fisting his jacket, I throw him back. "Either swing at me or leave!" I demand. My body trembling, the fucking emotions consuming me require a solution. To ease one pain, I need to hurt in other ways.

Gaining his footing, he points a finger adamantly, "I'm not swinging, and I'm not leaving either!" Walking past me, Stefano heads to the kitchen, "She's back!" Instantly my attention piques. "But only to attend Nick's wedding."

My body stiffens, and my muscles are aching to feel her, "Where is she staying?" Betraying myself, my first thought is voiced.

Meeting my eyes, Stefano studies me. Part of him wants to answer my question, and the other is reluctant. "What will you do if I give you the address?" he responds with his own question.

Shaking my head, I lower my eyes, "I don't know." I'm truthful. Will I selfishly hunt her, play with her mind, make her believe what we have is enough, just to end my torment? Frustratedly, I tangle my fingers behind my head and stare at the ceiling. I know she will give in to me in the heat of a moment, but it's not what she wants.