Part 15

The college degree in a STEM major to barista pipeline was looking to be what would happen for me.

I got a job- at Starbucks. Mostly for the health benefits. I've been on state insurance since I've been off Military health insurance. Even though I'm only 23, and can technically be on my parents insurance for 3 more years- of course that wouldn't happen.

This would be third job ever. I worked at a grocery store in high school, my parents made me work. And then when I lived with my ex-wife I worked as a server at a restaurant local to the Military base when I was taking classes at the same time.

I wound up interviewing and getting the job a few days after my birthday- and when I told Hallie about it she was happy for me. I almost felt ashamed to tell Victoria.

She had this great Finance job making over 60k a year, and I wouldn't even be making half that. A quarter of that. That was the price of having a Biology degree.

I figured my new job could be a way to make friends where I was living now. Victoria was my only friend- and she lived an hour away.

Before I met Hallie I would've wondered if there were any cute girls that I would be working with or coming in for coffee that I could hook up with. But Hallie was all I was thinking about.

I wanted to find a way to have a night with her.

Alone.

My brother and Cora were going away for their wedding anniversary for two nights on July 20th. I figured that would be a perfect time to have Hallie come spend the night if she wanted to.

Did I want to have sex with her?

Yes.

Absolutely.

But did I also just want to have a relaxing night where we could spend time together?

Yes.

I wanted to ask her more about the photos she takes for money. How did she even get started with it?

It didn't bother me. I know it can be a good way to make money. I just knew that I wanted to see what was underneath the lingerie in those photos.

I still can't believe I am kind of dating my best friends sister.

And she doesn't even know about it.

My training shifts at Starbucks were going well. I was on my third when July 20th rolled around. I was looking forward to having a night alone with Hallie. She told me she would be more than happy to spend the night at my house- with my brother and Cora not there.

I was mainly being trained by a girl named Giselle Lopez. Giselle was 21, and she had long, curly black hair, olive toned skin, and big brown eyes. She was a shift leader, and I could see why- she was super friendly and bubbly.

I went on break during my third shift, and sat at one of the tables outside of the store. I was texting Hallie, letting her know that I was super excited to see her tonight. Someone then sat across from me.

It was Giselle.

"Hey girl." she said, "Mind if I sit with you for a bit on our break?"

"Not at all." I said back, "Sit. Chill with me."

"I hope you don't mind me asking." Giselle said, "
Where are you from? You have a slight accent."

"Ukraine." I said, "I moved here when I was young. You also have a bit of an accent. Where are you from?"

"Mexico." Giselle said, "I immigrated when I was 4 to Texas. I lived all over until my family finally settled here in Pennsylvania when I was 17."

"What other states did you live in?" I asked her.