Part 5

Felix and Cora treated me to a nice vegan sushi dinner.

"Thank you, by the way. For driving me to Victoria's after this." I said to them.

"Of course." Felix said, "You deserve to have a good night. It's your graduation day."

"Plus, I think I might've saw Victoria's sister eyeing you up. What was her name, Hallie?" Cora gave me a smile.

"Yes." I felt my cheeks flush, "Hallie."

"Could this be a thing?" Felix asked me.

"No." I shook my head, "No way. Victoria would never be okay with it."

"She thinks you'll break her sisters heart, huh?" Felix chuckled.

I didn't say anything.

"Alina...you're going to have to open yourself up to someone again." Cora said gently.

"I know." I said, "But like Felix said. It's my graduation day. I want to enjoy it. Can we talk about this another time?"

"Of course." Cora gave me a soft smile.

By the time I got to Victoria's, she was drunk. The party was going on in her large backyard. There was a bonfire going, and her dad was grilling steaks, chicken, and vegetables.

"You're not going home tonight so you can drink with me!" she said, grabbing me a hard seltzer.

"This is the best you got? Give me something harder than a seltzer." I said, and we laughed.

I wound up with an IPA that Leah's boyfriend, Angelo, brought.

I hadn't seen Hallie yet- but I met many of Victoria's other relatives- and they made me feel at home.

"I'm going to grab your sister." Victoria's mom said, "I am not letting her sit in the basement and play video games tonight."

"Good!" Victoria said, "Tell her to get her ass up here!"

I felt myself constantly glancing at the door until I saw Courtney emerge- with Hallie behind her. Hallie had her hair in a ponytail under a black hat and she had on a gray zip up hoodie and black shorts.

I was standing by the patio with Victoria and two of her cousins, Jade and Dean.

Right when Hallie walked out, I caught her eye.

Why does this keep happening?

"Look who decided to emerge." Victoria mumbled.

"Hallie is like this at any and every family function." Jade said to me, "Nothing new."

Maybe she is like this because you all judge her. Just a thought.

Hallie walked past us and over to a woman who greeted her with a warm hug. She then grabbed a hard seltzer from the cooler- not before looking back at me.

Lively music played as the night carried on, and as the party was starting to come to an end, we got sticks and marshmallows to make s'mores.

I wound up next to Hallie at the fire pit.

"Lightly toasted or burnt?" I heard her say.

I turned to her. "Are you asking me that about how I prefer my marshmallows?"

"Yes." she said, "I am."

"Burnt." I said, "If it's not black, I don't want it."

Hallie chuckled, "I'm the same way."

We both burnt our marshmallows to a crisp, and then waved the sticks around to put out the fire. Hallie looked at me and laughed as we did so.

Why must she be so cute?

Princess Charming (gxg)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें