Denver stopped at a red light, then turned right down a street that brought us to a complex of stores. He parked, lowered the windows, and shut off the engine before unbuckling my seatbelt and taking my smaller form into his arms. Denver cradled my body and cupped my head while it rested against his own. I snuggled into his embrace, then tilted my head for a gentle peck of our lips.

"I love you, my precious Emil." he whispered.

"I love you too, my beloved Denver."

__________________________

"Emil!" exclaimed Carver, nearly in tears as he practically burst through the doorway and leapt towards my spot on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I asked, petting his thick, light brown hair while he hugged my form. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes, I missed my cute Emil so much." he breathed, cupping my head while Denver shut the door.

I chuckled and rubbed his back. "I missed you, too. Did everything work out for your last job?"

Carver inhaled deeply and slowly exhaled, tugging my form into his lap as he let his head fall back. "Yes, all of it did. I had a very, very picky client, but I managed to get something drawn up that would work with the terrain and location while also satisfying the creative yet stubborn nature of the person."

"Sounds tough," I murmured, gently kneading his chest with my knuckles. "Did it take more time than you were expecting?"

"Yeah, I thought I'd be back around the time you guys returned, but an extra two weeks went by..." he whined, then tousled my wavy hair and kissed my head.

I smiled and nuzzled his shaved jawline, then Denver leaned over the couch to give me a kiss. Carver groaned and pushed his best friend's face away from me.

"No, Emil is mine for a few uninterrupted minutes. No kisses, hugs, or anything from you. Shoo!"

Denver and I laughed, but Carver was being serious. While he cuddled my form, he asked, "So, I know I did the video call for my statement in District Court about that bastard for the restraining order, but I couldn't stay on for long. I imagine he can no longer come near us or he'll get arrested again."

I nodded. "We're safe and sound. And although we're busy packing inane things and looking for a house in the suburbs, Daddy has taken some time to attend therapy sessions. I'm so proud of him."

Carver smiled and kissed the side of my head, his fingers gently rubbing my scalp in a way that he knew made me melt. The older man chuckled and kept my head to his chest, then asked me another question. It made me pause.

"I should go for therapy, too?"

Carver nodded. "After all you've been through, Emil, I think it's necessary. While I am not downplaying my best friend's trauma, you went through even more throughout a much longer period of time. Denver told me that you'd felt as though you had relapsed after an upsetting encounter on your trip."

I peered at my daddy sitting at the table while looking up houses for us to live in comfortably with guests. He noticed my gaze and looked up, so I waved my fingers at him.

"You wanted Carver to convince me, Daddy." I remarked.

He smiled gently. "Of course, since he's your best friend, too. I've tried bringing it up, but you didn't want to hear it from me."

Denver looked a little hurt when he said that, so it just hit home how hypocritical I was being and hurting my lover in the process. That's unfair and unreasonable.