~Twenty Seven~

Elle was staying with us for the last week and it was honestly the best feeling ever.

She didn't want to go back home cause she said the fear was still there and all of the memories.

I understood that completely and never made her choose what she wanted to do.

I was glad she was here with me cause I didn't want her anywhere else.

Layla enjoyed her being here but kept taking her away from me when she wanted to spend time with her as well.

I wasn't sure if she was doing that to pick on me or what.

When I spent time with Ivan on my lunch breaks, he would ask how everything was with Elle. I told him that everything was good and she was staying with us for a while.

"Does it feel like it felt before?" Ivan asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Like when you two were in love? Or is it different now that you lost time?"

Thinking about it, it didn't feel that different and we've been spending a lot of time together since she was staying with me.

It didn't feel like it felt before either, but that wasn't a bad thing. I knew that we had a lot of time to make up for what we lost but nothing was getting in the way this time.

"Does Elle talk about what happened?"

"Sometimes. It's hard for her to talk about it cause she was in an abusive relationship and she couldn't do anything."

It still made me sick to my stomach and I wanted Milo to get the worse sentence he possobly could.

Elle still apologizes to me everyday and night about what happened. I keep telling her that it's over with now and we shouldn't think about the past.

I was working today and it was almost time for my lunch break, which I was more than happy about.

It's been a long day and I was ready to rest for a while.

Everyone was busting their ass today cause it was hectic as hell throughout the whole morning and lunch rush.

As I was cooking, I got an order done before sighing as I looked around. I passed the plate over to the counter where the waitress would take it from there.

I look around at everyone before looking back at the stove then looking up at the order table. I was glad that I finally got all of them in and I had a few moments of rest.

"Jalen," I look towards the waitress as she walks in and smiles at me. "someone is at the counter looking for you."

"Who?"

"Some woman."

I look around before tossing my gloves away and walking out of the kitchen where the counter was located, seeing Elle sitting at the counter.

That made me smile as I walked over to her and leaned on the counter. "Yes ma'am?"

"Hey." She smiles. "When is your lunch break?"

"In ten minutes."

"Can you eat with me?"

"Of course." I smiled.

After I walked back to the kitchen, I placed on some fresh gloves before walking to the stove and getting another order in that came in before looking over at the clock.

When it was time for my lunch break, I took my gloves off before tossing them in the trash and walking out of the kitchen.

I stopped the waitress before she walks back into the kitchen and told her to bring my two specials out. I saw her nod before walking into the kitchen and I walked around the counter towards Elle.