~Sixteen~

"Where are you going?" Layla said as I could hear concern in her voice as I was putting on a leather jacket.

"I'm going out."

"With Ivan?"

"By myself. I just need time alone." I said as I was looking at myself in the mirror, making sure my hair was fixed right and everything looked good.

Layla was staring at me through the mirror and I caught her eyes. I could see how worried she was getting cause the look on her face, but I reassured her that I was going to be fine.

"Are you going out to drink?"

"I stopped drinking, remember?" I smiled at her.

Once I turned around, Layla was watching me as I was smiling at her. I was trying to make sure she knew that I was going to be ok and nothing was going to happen.

I wasn't going out to drink at all. I just wanted some alone time and go look around tonight to see what I could do.

Ivan was working late tonight, so I couldn't get him to come. I remember last time when we went out and he got drunk, so I think it's best if he didn't come.

He regretted that night.

Which I completely understand cause he was throwing up and had a major hangover the next morning. I hated that feeling more than anything when I was drinking and that's one of the reasons why I quit.

It's not worth it.

Before I could leave the house, Layla was stopping me every few seconds to ask questions. She wanted to make sure I wasn't going off somewhere to regret my decisions.

I had to keep telling her that I was going to be ok and she didn't need to worry.

"It's just.. you've been thinking of Elle a lot lately and I know you don't like thinking about her. It results in you doing dumb shit and I don't want that happening..again." She looks at me for a moment before sighing. "Remember what happened last time?"

"Don't remind me. But it's not going to happen again, ok?" I smile at her. "I'll text you every hour so you'll know I'm ok."

Layla was still a little on the edge but sure enough, she let me go and I thanked her before telling her once more that I'll be fine.

When I left, it was a little after five, which was perfect. I needed the night time more than anything cause it seemed to calm me down a little more than during the day.

With all these constant thoughts about her, I needed time alone. I needed to get away from everything and reset my mind to stop thinking about her non-stop.

I decided to go to the bar that wasn't in town, cause I didn't want anything to do with this town when I'm trying to escape someone that lives here.

The bar I decided to go to was out of town, but wasn't far. I knew I've been there a few times and it was pretty cool, so I was for sure going there again.

It didn't take long to arrive and I was pulling into the parking lot. I looked around and saw a few cars here, which seemed to be more than a few since the parking lot was almost completely full.

But I didn't let that get to me as I got out and locked my doors. I looked around before heading towards the building then walking inside where music instantly hit me.

The amount of people here was insane but I made my way through and stopped at the counter. I sat down and looked around, scoping out the place before the bartender came and took my order.

I didn't order any alcoholic beverage, so I settled with some fries and a soda on the side. I decided to sit at the counter cause every table in this place was full and taken by people.