~Fourteen~

For some odd reason, I was sick the last few days.

I ended up having a high fever, which resulted in me throwing up and not eating anything. I didn't know what was wrong and Layla was worried sick about me.

She missed the last few days of work to stay with me and I hated this feeling I had. I could tell she didn't know what was wrong either and scheduled a doctors appointment, but I told her to give it a few more days and see what happens.

It's probably a stomach bug and it'll go away in a few days.

I told Layla one night that it was probably cause I went to that party and had so many memories about what happened and everything else that it made me sick.

"That doesn't even sound right, Jalen." She told me. "You need to go see a doctor." She continues to look at me for a moment. "Did you drink?"

"I wasn't there but for thirty minutes. I didn't even touch any alcohol."

I knew it had something to do with Elle cause ever since I saw her there, I've been having weird stomach pains and knew it had something to do with her.

But Layla didn't want to believe that.

"I'm fine." I said as I turn over and tried getting some sleep. I haven't sleep that great last night and it was definitely catching up to me.

Layla stayed in my room for a moment before walking out. I sighed as I stared at the wall, wishing this pain and thoughts would end.

It's crazy to me how someone could simply take over your mind, make you feel every emotion possible and make you feel all sorts of pain with just their memory.

I knew Layla didn't want to believe that Elle had any reason for any of this, but I believe she did.

Ever since that party was mentioned, she's been on my mind everyday and night. Then when I saw her at her party, I was sick the next day.

"I heard you didn't feel good." I heard a voice then turned over to see Ethan standing in my room. I furrowed my eyebrows as he walked further in before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"How did you know?"

"Kane messaged me and told me."

"Why would he message you?"

Ethan looks at me before shrugging. "Cause we're friends and I'm also your friend." He continues to look at me for a moment. "What's wrong exactly?"

"I don't even know. I keep telling Layla it had something to do with seeing Elle at the party but she refuses to believe me."

He looks at me for a moment before slowly nodding. "So, seeing my sister made you sick?"

"Not in that way. But.." I sigh. "I don't know how to put it cause it doesn't make sense to me either." I stared up at the ceiling as he was watching me. "Thanks for coming to see me."

Ethan smiles. "Of course."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Did Elle ask if I was there?" I watch as he continues to look at me before looking away for a moment.

"I hardly spoke to her. I was in charge of the music, so I didn't speak with her."

"Are you on bad terms or..?"

Ethan shook his head. "Not really but since I hate her fiance, we don't talk much."

"You said he was an asshole?"

"A big asshole. He's rude as hell and a total dickhead." He chuckles. "Excuse my language."