~Thirteen~

"Thirty minutes!" I heard Layla yell from downstairs as I was standing in front of the mirror, looking myself over and fixing my hair.

Today was the day of the bacherlorette party.

After the last few days, when Layla told me the truth about everything, I had a lot of thinking to do about it and decided to go with them.

I wasn't sure if I was making the best choice but Layla was happy that I decided to go. I told her yesterday and she pulled me into a hug, saying that it wouldn't be as bad as she thought.

But of course, the thought of her came to mind and my mind was flooded with memories again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Year Ago:

"It's your last year of high school, baby." Elle was caressing my cheek as we were laying naked together in bed. "I'm going to miss you." She spoke closely to my lips.

"I live with you, Elle." I smiled at her.

She moves a strand of hair from my face. "I know but I won't be seeing you in school anymore."

"But you'll see me when you get home."

"That's true." She smiles before gently kissing me. "I get to come home to my love."

That made me smile as we were staring at each other. The feeling of her hand on my face was soothing and the look in her eyes was nothing but love she had for me.

This was my forever.

We've been together for almost three years now.

It was getting closer to graduation and I was more than excited. I knew that I still had Elle in my life and I can see her everyday, wake up in her arms and spend the rest of my life with her.

This is what I wanted more than anything.

She was the love of my life.

"I love you, Jalen." She spoke as her eyes closed.

I smiled as I was the one to caress her cheek now. I watch as she grabs my wrist and smiled as her eyes remained close, making me watch my hand as it was moving across her face in a gentle manner.

The years I've spent with her has been the best ever. I couldn't imagine life without her in it, which sounds stupid and clique but it's the truth.

She makes me feel loved and wanted.

Something I haven't felt in so long cause I never had parents that were there or cared about me. I never had that type of protection love that Elle gives me and it makes me fall deeper in love with her everyday.

"You know what I want to do?" She asks in a whisper.

"What?" I smiled.

Her eyes remained closed but there was a smile on her face. "Spend the rest of my life with you."

I smiled before gently kissing her, feeling her grab my hip to pull me closer to her. I was drawn into her as I slowly crawled on top of her without missing a beat or our lips detaching.

When I pull away, I saw her smile up at me as I smiled at her. I placed both arms on either side of her and stared at her as she was laying beneath me.

"I want to marry you." I said.

That made everything stop and she gently pushed me off before getting off the bed. I was confused as I sat there and watched as she got dressed before walking out of the room.

I was quick to follow after I got dressed, walking out of the room after her before grabbing her arm and making her turn towards me.

"I'm sorry."