~Twenty Two~

"Are you planning on breaking in?" Ivan asks as I was sitting on his couch after telling him what Elle told me that day.

It's been a few days and Elle hasn't came to the house anymore, which worried me more than anything but I tried not letting it get to me that much cause I didn't want Layla being suspicious.

I told Ivan everything, including the bruises on her arms and it made me want to tell Ethan, but I haven't figured out how to tell him yet.

He was going to be completely different than Ivan when it comes to finding out about all of this.

Ivan was mad as hell when I told him, which made him call Milo every bad name in the book. I knew he would be just as pissed as I was cause not only is he hiding something but he's abusive as well.

"Did she say it was the asshole?"

"She didn't say anything. That's when she told me she missed me."

We already knew it was Milo and I wasn't stupid when it came to that shit. I know Elle never said he did it but her silence was enough to make me know that it was him.

Ivan and I were trying to figure out how to get inside Elle's house to find more truths about this guy. I wanted to tell Ethan and let him know everything, so we could all investigate this.

"Text him." Ivan said. "It's his sister. He has every right to know."

After I sent a text, I saw Ivan get up and walk to the kitchen. I sat there and stared at the wall as I was thinking about Elle, which made me hurt a little more inside.

Ethan didn't text back any time soon. I had already stood up and paced the room a few times while Ivan was snacking on something when he walked back into the living room.

"Plans?" Ivan asks. "Are we going vigilante?"

"I don't know what we're doing." I sigh as I ran my hand through my hair before pulling it up into a ponytail.

Ivan was sitting on the couch as I was staring at the wall. I couldn't figure out how to do all of this but then I remembered something and I instantly smiled over at Ivan.

"Let's go to Elle's house."

"How are we getting in?"

"The front door." I smiled as Ivan stared at me with a confused look as I was walking to the front door.

Once we were outside, he locked his door and asked how I was getting inside, which made me grab my keys from my pocket and I showed him a key off to the side.

"The spare key Elle gave me when I first moved in. I never gave it back to her."

"So, we can go inside without breaking a law."

"Hopefully." I said as we both climbed into my Jeep and left his driveway.

The ride there consisted of us talking about all of this and I mentioned to him where the notebook was. I knew that I was going there first to look at it and figure out what all of that shit was written in there for.

Ivan was talking about snooping through the bedroom but I told him that I didn't want anything messed up cause we could get in trouble even though I had a key.

When we pulled up, nobody was home and I saw the garage door shut. I smiled as I pulled off to the side where I wasn't near the house and I parked.

After w got out, I walked around the Jeep before looking around and walking towards the house. I saw Ivan walking with me and he was looking up at the house as we approached the front door.