~Nineteen~

"Are you sure you don't know anything about.. Milo?" I ask Layla.

She looks at me before shaking her head, continuing to cook as I was leaning over the counter. I was asking her a lot of questions about Milo, Elle's fiance, cause I was trying to figure out more about him.

"Why are you so interested in him?" Layla asks. "I don't want you torturing yourself over this."

"I just thought you would know cause you're best friends."

"We don't talk about him."

"What do you talk about?"

"Nothing really. Random things." Layla shrugs as she continued to cook.

As I was looking at her, I knew she was useless in this situation. I knew that my other and last hope was Ethan but since they don't like each other, I doubt I would get anything out of him.

But it's worth a shot.

After I left the kitchen, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Ethan. I asked him if he wanted to meet somewhere to hang out since I didn't have work and I knew he didn't as well.

When he messaged back a few minutes later, I got ready before walking back downstairs to the kitchen. Layla was still there, cooking and looking over at her phone.

I walked over and casually looked over at her phone as well but since it was on the other side of her, I couldn't see anything.

Layla looks over at me and smiles. "You want some breakfast?"

I shook my head before looking down at my phone. "Ethan is coming to pick me up."

"Why?" She asks.

"Just to hang out."

She nods before smiling. "Alright. How long do you think you'll be gone?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "A few hours." I saw her nod before looking back over at her phone and I stared at her until she leans away from it. "Having a party when I'm gone?"

Layla chuckles before looking over at me. "No, I'm just wondering when my baby sister will be back hom."

"Don't call me that." I heard her laugh as Ethan messaged me and said he was outside.

After I said my goodbye to my sister, I walked outside towards Ethan's car before getting inside. I looked over at him after I shut the door and saw him smiling at me before pulling out of the driveway.

"Where to?" He asks.

"Coffee?" I ask.

"Sounds good."

The ride there was silent and I was mostly trying to figure out how to ask about this Milo dude. I didn't want Ethan thinking I was trying to get information on him, which I obviously was but I didn't want him thinking that.

I just wanted more information on him so I could put some pieces together on this asshole.

And why the hell Elle was with him.

Ethan won't know much either since he doesn't talk to his sister and dislikes Milo, so I was trying to wing it as much as I could.

When we walked into the small Cafe, I was greeted with the smell of coffee and I smiled as I lead us to a table.

Once we sat down, the waitress came over and took our orders before walking away.

This place was cute and nice, which I come here some times but not often.

Ethan was already looking over at me with a smile before leaning back and crossing his arms.

"Alright, what's up?"