Chris.

Harrys father.

"I got worried when Harry didn't mention you last night." I changed the subject seeing Nialls discomfort at his admission. "Thalia told me about pretty much everything. She explained all of this bullshit about Conner, told me who he really is and told me about Zayn too. She also told me that you guys are step siblings. Why did no one ever tell me that?" I started rambling, all my thoughts coming out at once it seemed.

Niall shrugged, "I dont know, it's not like it's a secret. I guess we just hoped that we could get to Conner and fix this whole mess before we had to pull you any deeper into our lives in this way." Niall motioned with his head over towards the bar stools before starting to walk towards them. "I wanted to tell you everything as soon as we brought you to the house in Oregon, but Harry and Thalia were pretty against it. They didn't want to burden you with all of the nasty little details if it was something that we could fix quickly." Niall let out a sigh pushing his messy hair back off his forehead. "That's the shit we were dealing when all of us were gone. We had a lead on Conner and we were so fuckin' close to getting closer to him before all of this happened with Todds men."

"I'm sorry, Niall." I pursed my lips feeling responsible yet again. "If it wasn't for me you guys could have gotten him–"

"It's not that easy, darlin'. The blow out with Todd was long overdue as is, him and H have had it out for each other since Harry was a kid. Todd hates that one day Harry will have power over him." Niall blew out a sharp breath. "Even if you wouldn't have come down the stairs Todd would have found some other reason to be a fuckin' pain in the ass. Him and H were already going at it that day. So seeing Harrys reaction when you were put in the middle of it, Todd realized that he had leverage over him and just fuckin' took advantage of it."

"Me?" I croaked out, "Todd thinks that I'm leverage?"

Niall nodded, "In a way you are. Not only did H protect you, the rest of us did too and that didn't go unnoticed by anyone."

"Shit..." I put my head into my hands. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Niall said, his voice light as if this whole situation wasn't even bothering him.

I turned my head to look at him, my eyes squinted in confusion. "Why do you seem so okay about all of this?"

"Because I am." He shrugged. " 'Bout fucking time Harry stood up to that ugly bald fuck."

I wanted to laugh, but I still felt too guilty. Three men were dead because of me and Harry was hurt. That's not something that I can find it in me to laugh about. "People died because of me, Niall. Harry got hurt— all of you were in danger."

"Darlin', I know it goes against every moral that you have, but I don't want you to pity any of those men. They deserve what happened to them." His brows raised at me when I didn't respond. "I'm serious. I knew them and I knew who they were. I wouldn't lie to you. The death they got was too forgiving."

"They were still people though..." I murmured, my eyes falling from his.

Niall sighed deeply, his hand coming up to smooth down the back of my head. "You're too good for this life, Rori. I wish more than anything that we could get you out of this." I looked up and his soft eyes met mine once again. "I truly am sorry."

My eyes widened at his words— at his apology, and memories from last night flashed into my mind.

"I have a question." I couldn't stop myself, the curiosity was too much for me to fight against.

"As of now, you are allowed to ask any question." Niall flashed a smile in a clear attempt to lighten the mood between us.

I nodded, grateful for his response. "You told me that Harry doesn't apologize— he's told me that himself, too."