Ch-99, You're Gonna Be A Big Sister!

"What is it Maa Baba?" Rudhi asked, sitting on Anirudh's lap while her Maa was combing her hair.

Everyone in the house had seemed so happy this evening. But Rudhi had no idea why. Yesterday Maa had been so sick. But she seemed so happy today! Why was Dida filling Rudhi's mouth with sweets when she came back after playing?

Rudhi couldn't think of anything special she had done... so why was everyone congratulating her Maa Baba?

"Mishti," Anirudh smiled, kissing Rudhi's cheek lovingly.
"If Baba asks you something, will you be honest?" He asked with a happy smile.

"Ofcourse Baba! Do I ever lie to you like a bad girl?" She frowned and smiled at him. Bondita had finished tying Rudhi's hair in two little pigtails by now.

Anirudh smiled at Bondita as she sat beside him and then looked at Rudhi again.

"How would it be if you get a new little brother or a sister?" He asked with a smile which held both happiness and nervousness.

What if Mishti said No?

"I have Vansh already Baba!" Rudhi said mindlessly and then she thought about it.

"Yeah, but another? Who would be really small?" Bondita asked with an expectant smile.

"Really small?" Rudhi asked in fascination.
"A baby?" She held her hands a few inches apart to indicate how small a baby was.

"Yes, a baby! A baby sister or maybe a baby brother? Who'd be just yours." Anirudh wrapped his arms around her even tighter.

"Oh yes I want one!! My classmate Vrinda just got a little baby sister. And she is so cute!" Rudhi jumped off Anirudh's lap in excitement.
"I also want a baby! Where can we get it?" She asked with gleaming eyes.

"You'll get a little baby sibling soon, Puchki!" Bondita laughed and hugged her tightly.

"When? Let's go buy one today!" She asked and then pouted anxiously.

"You don't buy a baby from the market, Mishti!" He laughed.
"It'll take nine months for it to come to you." He told, ready for her million questions.

"So where is my Baby?" She demanded with hands rested on her hips and frowned at her parents.

"It's here." Anirudh kept a gentle hand on Bondita's belly.
"In Maa's belly." He smiled at Rudhi's confusion.

Rudhi looked horrified. She looked at Bondita's belly with huge, shock struck eyes. Then she looked up at her smiling mother with another horrified look.

"In Maa's belly?" She looked at Anirudh and confirmed.

"Yes Puchki, it's here for now." Bondita smiled at her and pointed to her belly.

"Maa you ATE THE BABYY?" Rudhi almost yelled in fear and made both her parents laugh.

"Mishti!" Anirudh laughed and pulled her into an embrace.
"You're so cute." He grinned and kissed the tip of her nose.

"I did not EAT the baby, Puchki. It's just here for now. It will live here and frow in my belly for nine months. Then it will be out of me and you'll be able to hold him or her!" Bondita tried to explain.

"But how did it get IN THERE??" Rudhi was too co fused and still a bit horrified.

What if Maa ate her too?

"Bondita." Anirudh whispered in Bondita's ears.
"I have already planned the whole thing. Just see how well I explain this to her!" He winked and wrapped an arm around her as well.

"Mishti. Listen to me carefully now. This is serious." Anirudh said and Rudhi instantly sat up straight on his lap.

"I'm listening Baba." She looked up.