Ch-18, The Promises I Made

"The greatest moments in life, are not concerned with selfish achievements.
But rather with the things we do for the people we love and esteem."

As Anirudh walked upto his and Bondita's room, he was really raged. He wasn't angry at hid mother, ofcourse, but he was just upset about the thinking of this society!....

He entered and banged tje door behind him, this is what he had always been doing since childhood, to show his anger. He just tried to calm his breath down, controlling his anger.

As he just punched the cupboard in anger, something fell down with a thud sound. He bent down to pick it up and throw it somewhere, but as he glanced at it, his heart melted.

It was their family photograph, from their last anniversary. All happy faces. Suddenly his thoughts moved to how he had behaved with Maa and then he was reminded of something from the past. From he day, when he had so lovingly got this family picture framed for Bondita.

Flashback

"Wooowww Pati Babuu!!!.... I absolutely love It!" Said a visibly happy Bondita, holding the photo frame in her hands. It was a little too big for her hands, but she wanted to hold it.

Anirudh just smiled at her happy face and felt happy that he had gotten a mice gift for his wife, a gift that she loved!

As she was looking at it closely, it just slipped from her hands. Anirudh grabbed it, just in time and Bondita's breath had just hitched in fear.

"Is it okay?" She asked, clearly scared.

"It seems so." He replied, checking the frame.
"Ya, it's fine!" He smiled at her and she sighed.

"Pati Babu,"she said, in a serious tone and took his hand into hers. He too kept the frame on the table and held her hands.
"Promise me, that just like this frame, you'll never let this family fall apart!... Never- ever! Promise me, Pati Babu!" She had asked him.

"Never, Bondita! This is our family and I'll never let it fall apart!" He had replied.

Flashback Ends
He looked down at the picture and kept it back. His eyes were moistened now. He walked to the window and  held the window pane. This was when another memory rolled in his mind.

Flashback
Bondita and Anirudh were sitting by the window, holding hands. Her head rested on his shoulder and his head was on hers. It was all so serene in the cool night breeze.

"You've held our family together so beautifully, Bondita!" Anirudh said. "Another reason to love you, Mrs. Bondita Anirudh Roy Chowdhary!"

Bondita just smiled and looked up at him.
"You know what, Pati Babu?" She asked softly playing with the hair that fell on his forehead.
"You are the key to this. You are my key to keeping this family together. I just know one thing, that no matter how much right I have on you, your family shall always stand first!" She touched his cheek softly.
"You are firstly the son of Roy Chowdhary family, and only after that, Bondita's Pati Babu! They always have the first right on you."

She held his hand and demanded, "Promise me, that if time ever challenges, you'll always put your family before me!

Anirudh's eyes glistened with tears and he hugged Bondita tightly to his heart.

"I love you, Bondita!" He whispered, closing his eyes. "I so love you, my Jaan!"

Flashback Ends