Ch- 66, The Approval And Seduction

"I fell in Love
with the way you touched me
without using your hands!"

Everyone was laughing hard at the shocked faces of Anirudh and Bondita.

"Enough!" Somnath said, holding his stomach which ached by all the laughter.
"Now will you tell the real 'Good News'?" He laughed.

"Yeah, Please!" Batuk asked, innocently after all the chaos he had created.

"Y... Yeah," Bondita stammered.
"K.. Kaka Sasurji has asked me to show you these pictures, Batuk." She said, handing him the envelope.

"What are these?"

"Photographs of girls. You need to choose one for your marriage!" Kaka told proudly.

Anirudh instantly looked at Bondita and she just nodded.

Bondita had already slid Mallika's picture inside the envelope.

"Umm... Is it necessary?" Batuk asked, blushing now.

"Yes! Stop shying like a girl now!" Kaka hissed making Batuk pick out the pictures.

"Keep them down on the table, Batuk!" Bondita asked him, taking Rudhi in her arms and kneeling down beside the table.
"Rudhi will also choose a Chachi for herself."

"Hmm" Batuk replied, keeping the photographs on the table.

Rudhi excitedly looked with wide eyes at the pictures around the table. There were so many pretty girls.

Batuk didn't want to even look at any of these pictures. It was so weird! He couldn't look upon girls and just rate them according to their looks.

"Kaka, isn't it weird to judge someone just by their looks?" Anirudh asked, finding all this so wrong.

"Oh shut up! Let me do things my way!" Kaka shrugged at him.

"Still, I'd prefer...." Anirudh was speaking when they suddenly heard Rudhi yell happily.

"Makka.... Chaachiii!!" Rudhi had shouted happily, trying to reach a photograph.

Bondita instantly picked the photograph up. It was Mallika's polaroid. She smiled at her baby as her plan was getting successful.

"Puchki has chosen her Chachi now!" Bondita smiled at Trilochan Babu.
"I don't think anyone would question this!" She giggled.

"Ofcourse! How we question aur Duti's choice?" Trilochan Babu smiled, standing up happily.
"Show us too!"

Bondita handed him the picture and he smiled for a moment, before realising something.

"Mallika?" Trilochan Babu asked, looking shocked.
"This can't be, Bahu." He disagreed.

"But, Kaka Sasurji.." Bondita spoke

"No Bahu! This really can't happen! She isn't Bengali by birth!" Kaka refused to even listen and left the hall.

"Kaka...." Batuk murmured, worriedly as he saw Bondita follow Trilochan Babu to his room.

"Don't worry, let her handle this!" Anirudh held his brother's shoulder, his voice calm as he knew Bondita would definitely do what she had decided already.

Batuk just nodded as everyone else too sat their, worried.

......

"Kaka Sasurji!" Bondita called, her voice soft.

"No Bahu! I told you, right?" Kaka replied, sitting on his arm chair, not wanting to listen to her.

"Please, Kaka Sasurji! Just listen to me for once..." Bondita sat near him, on the floor.
"If you don't agree after this, I won't argue further!" She said and Trilochan Babu just nodded.