Ch- 16, Love And Departures

Waiting is a sign of ture  love and patience.
Anyone can say I love you, but not everyone can wait and prove it's true. ❤️

At the lunch table, as everyone chatted and ate happily, Bondita spoke up.

"I have something to tell you all!" She said and glanced at Anirudh while he just smiled assuring her.

"What's it, beta?" Trilochan Kaka asked her.

"Kaka sasurji, as you all know that I have to leave with Maa Baba, I have made a small decision." She said confidently yet respectfully.

She turned to her parents and said softly, "Maa Baba, I'll go with you, but only for a few months. I won't stay for the whole nine months with you. I know it's not the custom, but I want to. I want to stay with both my families and so I want to divide this time. I will stay with you both for the half of my pregnancy and then I'll return back." She said.

This was the idea he had given her. This way she could stay with both her families and get their love. Though he wanted her to stay with him forever and not let go of her even for a second, he didnt want to tie her to himself.

His love was always about her! About her happiness, her freedom and her wishes.
He smiled at how confidently she spoke and gave her decision.

Everyone looked at each other for a while, which made her a bit worried but she decided to wait.
Suddenly her Baba stood up, and walked to her. He cupped her face and and said, "I'm proud of you, Bondita!.... I am so proud of you!" He said. And kissed her forehead.

"Not just you," Binoy interrupted, "We all are so proud of her and even glad to have her as our Bahu!"

He said and everyone agreed. They all agreed to her wish and assured her to fulfill it.

Bondita sat back down and glanced at Anirudh for a moment. He was smiling at her, but she so well know that deep down he was sad about being away from her.

After the lunch, as Bondita was walking to the kitchen, Batuk and Som came to her.

"Boudi!" Thy said in unison. "We'll miss you so much. Please come back soon!"

Bondita was sad too, but she smiled and nodded.

"Ofcourse Dada! I'll come back soon! And Batuk , I can't live without teasing you, so I'll have to return quickly!" She said and they both hugged her tightly. Afterall, she was their beloved sister.

_______________________________

As Bondita returned back to her room after chatting with Somnath and Batuk, Anirudh was already there, waiting for her to cone soon. He had taken leave from thr court until she was here. He indeed wanted to spend all his time with her.

Bondita entered and closed the door behind her. Anirudh looked up at her from his book, as he sat up straight on the bed.

"You're here!" He said and she walked to the bed, settling beside him.

She held his hands softly and spoke, "Thankyou for always guiding me, Pati Babu!....and thankyou for being the solution to my every problem!"

He smiled and touched her cheek gently.

"So, you'll leave me alone here, now." He said sadly and wrapped his arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulder and held onto his free hand.

"I'll miss you, Pati Babu!" She said.

"Don't lie, Madam!" He smirked.
"I know, you aren't gonna miss me. Afterall, you'll get your parents' love after so long!.... And I don't even want you to miss me." He said, teasing her. But still there was love in this statement.