Ch-85, A Childish Fight And Dharm Sankat!

"All I want to do is, rescue you, protect you and make you feel alright!"

On a fine summer day, when mostly everyone in the Roy Chowdhary mansion was put for work and the ladies were busy in a few household chores. Anirudh had still not left for court. It was near afternoon and Bondita had already driven for work.

Anirudh was at home today. He had an important hearing tomorrow and so was preparing the last minute notes. Bondita had gone for a meeting with a new client from Deenpur.

He was sitting in his study, quite tired after reading a few files. Anirudh had stretched his body onto the chair, resting his head on the high head rest after he had removed his glasses.

Being a Barrister is just not as easy as people think! It's a profession that puts you between tonnes of papers and files to read and study! He thought to himself and smiled sarcastically.

"It was your choice afterall, Mr. Anirudh Roy Chowdhary!" He murmured to himself and shook his head, closing his eyes foe a while.

He vould hear Rudhi and her friends playing happily outside. They were nearly shouting and screaming their lungs out while catching each other in different new games!

And the loudest of them all was... Ofcourse his Rudhi! She'd gotten this from her Dad afterall.

"Dada" There was a knock at the door and Anirudh's mind was pulled out of his thoughts about the children from outside.

"Yes Batuk? Come sit!" Anirudh smiled and sat up straight, adjusting his cotton kurta.

"Were you sleeping?" Batuk chuckled as he sat down.

"No, I was just a bit tired. You tell me, how's work?" He asked, picking up his glasses and wearing them back as he finger brushed his hair back.

"Great! Kaka has always held this Zamindari so nicely, I'm also trying to be as efficient and Baba's business is also an amazing project with a lot of opportunities and learning." Batuk told, resting back on the chair as he talked to his brother.

"Sounds well! How's Mallika doing? Is she happy?" Anirudh asked with a soft smile.

Mallika had decided to become a housewife and though Anirudh always supported women to work outside too, he was equally fine with this idea too. Afterall, the job of a housewife wasn't any easy either!

"She's happy mostly, the chirpy girl she is. But the grief also surfaces quite frequently. It's just she loves kids so much that she always wants to be surrounded by them." Batuk told with a small smile of worry and admiration.

"She's a beautiful heart!" Anirudh smiled, feeling a rush of emotions in his heart and a pang as he thought about Mallika.

"Have you both talked anything about Adoption?" He asked, not sure if it was right to ask.

"Yes Dada. And that's what I wanted to talk to you about." Batuk spoke, sitting up straight now.

"Yeah, tell me?" Anirudh asked, sitting up straight as well.

.......

The kids were already a bit older by now. Rudhi was almost five and so were her friends. She had been doing fine in school and Anirudh always kept a close check with her teachers about her academics.

It was a fine evening when the kids were playing outside the house under the watchful gaze of Bihari Babu.

Rudhi, Rudra, Vansh and Monishika were all playing hide and seek together. It was Rudhi's chance to chase and find everyone and she was standing against a pillar, counting till ten so that everyone could hide in the mean time.