Ch- 59, Forever Like This

"I love you now, and I'll love you until the day I die, and even if there's a life after, I'll love you then too!"

It was night time, when Bondita was in her room with Rudhi. She was changing her daughter's clothes for the night, already wearing her night cotton saree.

"Puchki is tired?" She baby talked to Rudhi, raising her eyebrows with a wide smile.
"We'll sleepy sleepy!" She giggled.

"Mm... Maaa!" Rudhi squeaked happily, throwing her arms and legs in the air, playing happily.
"Puski!" She repeated what her mother called her all the time.

"Yess, Ms. Puchki!" Bondita laughed, kissing her little nose.
"My sweet Babyyy!"

She stood up after dressing Rudhi and bent down to pick up the toys Rudhi had scattered all around the room.

"Where's your Baba, by the way?" Bondita asked Rudhi, as the baby was playing happily with one of her Maa's bangle.

"Baa.. Baa!" Rudhi shouted happily, looking at the bedroom door.
"Baabaa Ghummi!" She giggled.

"No, your Baba hasn't gone out!" Bondita replied with a smile. She loved talking to her baby.
"He's in the study."

Soon Anirudh walked inside the room, silently, gesturing Rudhi to stay quite. Bondita was busy folding a few clothes near the bed. He quickly walked to her and placed his hands on Bondita's eyes.

"Pa..." She started, but quickly realising that she was ignoring him, she stayed quite.

"Mishti! Tell your Maa that Baba won't let her go if she doesn't talk to him." Anirudh teased Bondita as Rudhi laughed, clapping her hands happily.

"Rudhi! Tell your Baba that Maa isn't so easy to defeat!" Bondita smirked proudly and Anirudh just chuckled at her cuteness.

"We'll see!" He smiled, bending down to place a soft kiss on her cheek, just beside her ear.

"P... Puchki! Tell your Baba not to... not to touch me..." Bondita spoke with difficulty as her breaths started to rag.

"Baaa... Baa!" Rudhi laughed, clapping her hands.

"Shhh! Don't disturb my Mishti!" Anirudh whispered in her ear, his warm breath tickling her ear.

Anirudh smiled a bit, his hands still covering her eyes. His heart fluttered as the sweet smell of Bondita's hair intoxicated him.

"I... I have work to do!" Bondita suddenly murmured, freeing herself from his hold and walked a few steps away from him.

She was breathing heavily, trying to calm her heart down. Anirudh sighed, his heart hammering too.
But before Bondita sould walk away, he looked down and spoke, audible enough to make her hear.

"I'm going to Siliguri!" He announced, making Bondita look up at him.
"For a month!" He added, smiling sadly.

As he told this, Bondita's heart twitched. She had been angry with him for a few days now, and that had already kept them away from each other. She didn't want to part with him again.

That too, for a whole Month! How will she survive?!

Anirudh said, his eyes truly looking sad. He didn't look like he was lying, even a bit. Not getting any reply from her, he turned around to leave, feeling sad.

That was when Bondita held his arm and hugged him tightly from behind.

"You're lying, right?!" She murmured, her face muscles straining as she tried to control her tears.