chapter 16

Ok so I don't know if anyone noticed but last chapter I put Luca and Antonio in similar scenarios, just to further show how toxic he is.
So the reaction to Emilias hair and getting hit by a water balloon.

Emilia and Antonio were hidden around a corner. They were lucky that Dante's locker was in the same hallway as Matteo's. So Emilia had her phone directed on one side of the hallway and Antonio at the other. The bell had just rung so students were coming out. Because of the small space they were very close together not that either of them minded.

Finally the moment they had waited for, Dante and Matteo went to their lockers.

Matteo opened his first getting hit straight away, it was too late for Dante who had already opened his by the time he realized what had happened to Matteo.
The balloons had hit them straight in the face.

Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and watched in anticipation. It was common knowledge to not mess with the brothers so they wanted to see what happened next.

"Emilia" Dante practically shouted as he turned around .

Emilia gulped, she was about to stop the recording and go face him when another water balloon came flying from Dante's locker and hit him in the back of his head.

She couldn't help but laugh especially when the second balloon for Matteo came flying and hit him in the arm, he had tried to move but wasn't quick enough.

Emilia decided to face her brothers. "Don't follow me" she whispered to Antonio not wanting her brothers to hate him.

Antonio didn't want her to face her brothers alone but he nodded as that was what she wanted.

"Care to explain why I just got hit twice" Dante asked when Emilia came up to him .

"Care to explain why there was one in my locker" she defended.

"Did you think I'd really just let you off after you drew on my face. The dye was only part of my plan" he told her.

"Who's hoodie is that" Matteo asked not liking how she was wearing someone else's hoodie.

"You're wearing his hoodies now" Dante snapped looking at the hoodie in disgust refering to Luca.

"It's Antonio's" she whispered not wanting anyone to hear in case Luca found out.

"Fine" Dante said , now ignoring the fact she was wearing the hoodie.

"We need to get to class but this isn't over Emilia" Matteo said also ignoring the fact it was Antonio's hoodie.

Before they got the chance to do anything else a teacher appeared "you three with me. This is a school not a play ground" she ordered.

When they got to the office, Antonio was already sat, he had been told to go to the office just before the others.

"We got caught " Emilia said sitting next to Antonio

"Worth it though " Antonio said smiling.

"Yes did you see their faces, I wonder if we could get the video in slow motion " Emilia said.

Antonio smiled, pranking her brothers was fun but it wasn't worth getting into trouble for. He however did think spending time with her and throwing water balloons at her was worth getting into trouble for.

Dante and Matteo sat waiting across the room. They were annoyed at first but couldn't stay like that. As they sat waiting to be called into the office they couldn't help notice how happy Emilia seemed.

In the cafeteria which was pretty much the only time they saw her at school, she never really looked as happy as she did now.

"Shut up" they heard her say and watched as she playfully pushed him.

Antonio had been teasing her and Emilia had told him to shut up. Something she wouldn't dare tell Luca. After pushing him, he didn't say anything instead he pushed her back.

"She looks happy doesn't she" Matteo observed.

"Yeah. I don't like the idea of her having a boyfriend but I rather it be him than Luca" Dante said.

"The principal will see you now" the receptionist said coming from another room.

The four of them entered the office.

They received a massive lecture and how their parents had been notified.

Hearing that her dad knew, Emilia suddenly regretted doing it. She didn't want to upset him or get into any trouble. She didn't want to be on his bad side. They all had detention for the rest of the week.

They were all the sent back to class. Unfortunately they all quickly went seperate ways.

Emilia apologized to the teacher for being late, her mind was on her father's reaction so when someone grabbed her arm as she headed to her seat she almost freaked out "why are you trying to walk away from me" Luca whispered harshly.

"I didn't see you, sorry" Emilia quickly replied.

Emilia took a seat next to him and took out her book.

"Where were you" he finally asked.

"With my brother's" Emilia said leaving out the details.

Luca frowned "so you're a liar too now" he said.

"What? No. I was."  Emilia said

"Then who's hoodie is that. Just because I didn't want you to look stupid, you go find someone else.  Why can't you just be honest with me for once"

"It's Antonio's. He's my friend. I want to spend time with him"  Emilia said.

Luca's eyes darkened if that was even possible "am I not good enough for you? Or maybe you just enjoy being a bad girlfriend"

"But he's my friend " Emilia defended.

"Doesn't matter, it's me you're in a relationship with. You can't go near him. I don't like it. And besides it's just how things are in any relationship"

Emilia nodded not wanting to upset him further. She didn't want to stop being friends with Antonio.

After class finished, Luca took a very frightened Emilia around to a empty classroom. He wasn't happy with her today and he wanted her to know that.

"You never think about me. It's always you. Don't you even care about me anymore. All you do is lie and sneak off with him. You're a terrible girlfriend. You should be thankful I'm going to give you another chance because I can guarantee no other guy would give you a chance" he shouted.

"I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Of course I don't blame you entirely for her worthless and pathetic you are" he said.

He then hugged her. She didn't relax into it like she would with Antonio.

"You can make it up to me by coming over to mine next weekend" he told her.

"It's what happens when you're in a relationship " he added.

"Ok fine " she agreed.