18

A week before the wedding

Third Person POV

The brothers reached home a week before the wedding. No more calls or messages were made to and from them to anyone. They had no idea what was happening within the family. They walked into the house. It seemed so quiet and empty. They saw Ranjan and Reema sitting on the couch doing nothing.

"Ma? Papa?", called Rahul.

Their parents burst out into tears seeing them and hugged them tight immediately. Rahul and Rohan had never seen this before. They were sad seeing their parents emotionally unstable. 

"Where is Raksha?" asked Rohan.

"Nobody lives with us anymore. Dadu and your little sister lives with Aaryan and his mother in their house. Its been just the two of us. Now we know how it feels to be unloved and rejected. Karma is real after all", Ranjan was guilty.

"It was too late for us to realize how wrong we were. Nobody came back here after you both left to London. You know what happened that day. Its all our fault". Reema was in tears.

"Not just yours Ma, your sons did the same thing. You both never wanted us and Raksha to be together. The exact thing has been happening for many months now. We haven't seen her, never spoke to her and don't even know where she is. You did not expect to hear that did you Ma?" Rahul's face turned pink by holding back his tears.

"I'm going to see her. Rahul do you want to come with me?" asked Rohan.

Rahul nodded and they headed to the door.

"Wait", Ranjan stopped them. "Come back with my father and your little sister", he said.

"and my sister and her son...", she said

The sons looked at their parents and left, hoping to bring the family together.

Raksha's POV

Dadu, Sheila Ma, Aaryan and I were playing cards when we heard a car stop in front of the house.

"Someone's here", said Dadu.

We put the cards away and waited to see who it was. Then my big brothers walked in. They seemed sad and I could tell they were crying looking at their faces. Their eyes felt sorry. 

"Rahul, Rohan, what a surprise! My grandchildren are home. Come sit down. Make yourself at home", Dadu smiled.

"I'll get you both something to drink", said Ma and went to the kitchen.

Aaryan was super upset and I didn't know what to do. My big brothers sat on the couch facing me and Aaryan. Their eyes stared at our faces. There was an awkward silence. Ma came back and served them some apple juice. It was the favorite one of mine and Aaryan's. In this small period, I had become so close to Aaryan, his mom, Adi and his family. My family had cut off all the ties and now two of them were back finally. I was not waiting for this reunion because I tried and I stopped. Now it was their turn to make things right. Aaryan had told me about the last video call he and Adi had with them. Well, I've got no grudges with anyone, just like Adi said. But I have to admit one thing. Ever since I moved to Aaryan's house, there was not one day or a second in my life were I was not happy. 

"Raksha... please come home", Rohan bhaiyya said.

It was good to hear his voice again.

"You know we cannot be there without you", Rahul bhaiyya added.

My big brothers finally needed me. I remained silent.

"We know we ignored you completely. It was solely our fault. I'm so sorry princess", a tear trickled down Rohan bhaiyya's cheek.