5

Third person POV

It was early before dawn. The Kapoor house was in chaos. Dadu woke up disturbed and irritated from his sleep. He turned on the bedside lamp and wore his glasses. Dadu heard his son and wife argue as they were in the next room.

"You don't understand Reema! The police will suspect us. Papa will be the first person to testify everything he has seen and heard. We have to find that brat soon".

"How far can she go on her wheelchair anyway? She might be around somewhere. Just relax Ranjan ji".

"I am not concerned about her. I am worried if we will be in trouble. Did you check her room?"

"I did, I checked the house".

"What about Papa's room?"

"Not that. You are right, she might be with him. Come with me".

Dadu was in rage. He waited for them and heard footsteps approaching the door. They walked in moving their eyes around confirming she was gone.

"If you don't know where my granddaughter is, your fear of getting caught by the police will be true and I am sure, I will be the one to testify against all your shameful deeds". Dadu demanded. "I need her home at once".

"Papa we didn't do anything to her. Reema saw her room door open when she went to get some water from the kitchen. She checked on her but Raksha was gone". Ranjan and his wife wanted to be on the safe side.

"Don't act like saints. If both of you would have shut your mouths and behaved, she would not have run away from this hell! Better find her. Now get out of here!" Dadu yelled.

Rahul's POV

It was thirty minutes to 12 am when Dadu rang me up. Dadu was not supposed to be awake at this time. His time was 6 am. Raksha had not picked her phone since noon and I was worried about  her.

"Rahul", Dadu was crying.

"Dadu why are you crying? What happened?" Tears welled up looking at his face.

"Your little sister went to her room at ten. Now she is missing. Reema and Ranjan said they went to check on her a few minutes ago and knew she was gone. Nobody knows where. I am scared. Rahul please do something. Your parents are searching for her only because they don't want the police at our doorstep. You know it. Do something Rahul", Dadu sobbed.

I could not hold my tears either.

"Dadu, I will call Aditya. He will help. Don't worry, she will be fine. I will send him home".

"Do something fast, please", Dadu was broken.

"Dadu I will call you back after talking to Adi". I did as I said.

Aditya's POV

I was driving back after the tiring extra work load I had. I was in front of the café, about to get in my car, happy, after the call from Rahul, when the Boss called me and  asked to come in for work. It finished around half an hour ago. I just wanted to hit the bed. The road was empty. The sun would rise in an hour. People would be awake now, when I still had to get home to sleep. My phone rang at an odd time. Nobody called me this early. I was surprised to see Rahul's name at this hour.

"Rahul?"

"Adi, I need you to go home now. Raksha is missing".

"What?" I stopped the car in shock.

"I had not been able to get her since evening. Dadu just called me up. He is crying. You are the only one who can help me. Please Adi", Rahul's voice was quavering. "I am helpless". He cried over the phone.