14

Raksha's POV

We were all sitting on the balcony. It was late in the evening. Aaryan was on the couch. Aditya had a temporary wheelchair until he could stand back on his feet and I was on mine as always. Aaryan's video call with Shenaya was longer than we expected it to be. He said she didn't talk much but it was the opposite. It was nice outside with the cool breeze. We were making memories.

"Raksha, now I know how you feel. Being in a wheelchair is not as it seems. Aaryan, can you take our photo?"

"Sure Adi", Aaryan took a photo on Aditya's phone.

Adi took it back and showed it to me.

"Even if it's for a while, we share the same thing Raksha", Aditya said.

The photograph looked good.

"Aaryan, let's take one together, come on", I called him.

Aaryan knelt behind us and took a selfie. We smiled showing our teeth. Only our full sleeves were seen.

"I'm going to frame this for my room", Aaryan seemed pretty happy.

Just then someone knocked on the door. It opened slowly. A strong aroma entered the room along with Aditya's sisters. They were holding trays with glasses of water and hot aalo parathas in the other.

"Hello, we have got dinner", said Alia.

They kept the trays on the small table in front of us.

"Can we join?" asked Ayra.

"Yea, sit", Adi said inviting his sisters to join us. 

They sat on bean bags which were on the right side of the balcony. The girls dragged it forward beside us.

"It would have been nice if Rahul and Rohan were here. Any idea where they are?" asked Aaryan.

"No idea, but, they should be here in a while", Ayra said.

"How do you know?" asked her sister with a smirk.

Ayra blushed. "Rohan called me. He said they were on their way here and he also wanted to ask me out. Jiju wants you to come along. Guddu bhaiyya, I wanted to ask your permission. We know it's not right to go, in this situation. It's just for dinner. If you say no, we won't go".

"Ayra, I will talk to them. It's not fair to go for a date now", Alia seemed a little upset.

"It's not as you think. Rohan told me why, they want us to feel free for a while and not because we can have so much fun, Alia".

"Then go with Rohan. I'm not in the mood. We can all sit here".

"But Alia..."

"That's enough!" Aditya's angry voice scared them. "Stop arguing like little girls. Alia, there is nothing wrong with clearing your mind. We all feel bad about what happened. Now let it go. I know Rahul and Rohan inside out. They understand the situation. So go out with Ayra and come back. I don't want to hear you two argue about this again".

"Thank you bhaiyya", said Ayra.

"Now go, get ready. Don't fight Alia".

"I won't. If you don't have a problem, why should I, Guddu? Let's get ready", Alia said and walked out with her sister.

"I'm happy Rahul and Rohan thought about diverting their minds somehow. Alia and Ayra are also sad".

"Adi, do they always ask you permission to go outside? Aaryan was wondering why.

"Sometimes, especially now because they are worried about me".

"That's sweet. I wish I had a sibling. You have two younger sisters. Raksha has two older brothers. How lucky!"