2

London. Rohan's POV

"Time to go". I got up from the couch taking the empty bowl in my hand and placed it on the counter. It was 8 pm at night. I went to my room and opened the wardrobe to pick out a nice formal dress to wear. I wore a suit, not for a date and went out taking my keys.

*

I entered the luxurious restaurant were Rahul worked. People there already knew who I was. I made a reservation one day before. I sat down.

"Hello Sir, can I take your order?"

"Yes, I'll have a glass of red wine, the best and the Chef's favorite on the menu".

"Sure Sir". 

The waiter left. This is what I ordered whenever I came to this restaurant. A while later, as expected the Chef himself, Mr. Rahul Kapoor walked out with delicious creamy alfredo and chicken with salad on the side. He kept it on the table and opened the wine bottle, pouring the finest in my glass.

"Thank you Chef".

"You are welcome Rohan. What a surprise indeed! Treating yourself once in a while is nice but not every other day. Who will eat the dinner I made?" Rahul said lowering his voice.

"Us, for breakfast. Did you make this?" I asked looking at the delicious food. The smell forced me to dig inside even though I resisted myself following the etiquette rules.  

"Yes I did. Nobody else orders the Chef's favorite other than my brother. Okay, enjoy. I have to go. See you in the morning".

"Yea, see you".

Rahul left back to the kitchen. I noticed some eyes on me, curious to know why the Chef had come in person to serve me. I ignored them and dived into the alfredo and took my first bite.

"He is a 9/10, wow".

*

After an hour and forty five minutes or so I unlocked the door and kept my foot inside the house when my phone rang. It was from the hospital, late at night. That meant only one thing. Emergency. I picked up the call.

"Dr. Rohan Kapoor"

"Doctor, we need you here. Its an emergency. Please", said Susan, the head nurse.

"I'm on my way. Keep everything ready".

"Yes Doctor".

I ended the call and rushed to my room taking the necessary things. The hospital was a twenty minutes drive away from home.

*

Rahul's POV

I was super tired after the hectic work schedule for the week. It had ended last night. Rohan and I had some shopping to do before heading back to our country. I came home after my double shifts and saw Rohan snoring on the couch. This happened only when he had emergencies. I tiptoed to my room, careful not to wake him up and jumped in for a hot shower before doing anything else. It took my stress away. I got fresh food from the restaurant, home for breakfast since I did not have much energy to cook. The only thing that made me happy was living with my brother and counting days to go home. Many hours later I woke up. It was getting dark outside. The time was five something. It was time for Rohan to get back to the hospital. I patted him a couple of times before he woke up. I went straight to the kitchen and saw the rest of the food untouched. Rohan did not eat at all. I began making his favorite Naan and Paneer tikka.

"Hey Rahul. When did you reach?" he was sleepy.

"A little late. How was work Ro?" I asked concentrating on finely chopping the vegetables.