7

Rahul's POV

We sat on our seats. I always wanted the window seat. Rohan was comfortable being in the middle. The other passengers were boarding. It did not look like there were many people travelling back home. Secretly both of us wished for the end seat to be empty. There was plenty of time before take off so, we decided to video call Raksha as Dadu would be asleep. Rohan took out his tablet. Within seconds she picked the call. We laughed looking at her messy hair. She was so happy.

"Good morning, little princess. Did you have a good sleep?" I asked.

"Good morning bhaiyya. I slept early so I could wake up when you called. All set?"

"Yes, we will be home at 1.30 pm if everything goes according to the right time".

"That is like less than nine hours! Oh my God!", her smile made us more calm.

"Princess, do you like what I am wearing?" Rohan pointed to the Blue Superman hoodie I had got for her.

"It's all on him Raksha. I told him its yours", I added.

"Not fair Rohan bhaiyya, that is mine. I specifically wanted the blue color. Nevermind, Rahul bhaiyya even you can wear it. We can share clothes like we always do. How much longer for take off?" She was excited.

Rohan looked at his watch, "Like five minutes. We will see you soon. By the way this hoodie is mine". 

"Rohan, enough", I scolded him.

"Oops. Sorry. Raksha, tell Dadu we called", Rohan said.

"Bhaiyya wait, who is coming to pick you up?" She was curious.

"Adi will", I said.

"Can I also come? Please?"

"Ah...Rahul, you get it?" Rohan winked at me.

"Oh...like that! Little Princess?! Are you serious?" I made fun of her.

She was confused for a moment until it all added up.

"No way! You did not mean that", she said with her eyes popping out.

We laughed a little loud that one of the passengers looked at us.

"I want to receive my big brothers at the airport and not because of you-know-what. Can I come? Please? Please?" she waited.

Rohan and I exchanged looks and came to a conclusion, it was better if she came with Adi.

"Well, we think its better if you come", I said.

"Thank you so much. Love you both!" She smiled showing her teeth.

"Hey, be ready soon. Don't make him wait for you".

"Yes, Rohan bhaiyya, I won't make him wait".

"Dadu will be alone though", I did not feel right.

"You know what bhaiyya, I will stay. I shouldn't be saying this but its safer if Dadu has someone". She understood us.

"Its just a matter of an hour and a half. We will see you at home okay. Love you, we got to go now", I waved and gave her a flying kiss.

"Bye Rahul bhaiyya. Love you too", she did the same.

"See you Princess, love you lots", Rohan did his usual.

"Love you Rohan bhaiyya. Bye", she did the same like him and waved at us, one last time before take off.

Everyone settled down. Just as we wished, the end seat remained empty. Rohan shifted so we had enough space to relax. The Captain made his announcements on board while the airhostess demonstrated the usual things to follow. I looked at the watch again. When you want time to go faster, it never does. Since it was 1.00 am I decided to sleep. Rohan had already put his cap over the face to sleep. I was extra tired as I barely slept after work. I closed my eyes.