12

Third person POV

Seven days had passed since Aditya had left for London. He said he would be in touch but he did not. Neither did he answer calls or reply to messages. Days had rushed as he had mentioned. Raksha had send him a text on the 18th of November. He did not see it. On the fourth day, she called him, but there was no response. Raksha had overheard Rahul and Rohan talk to Dadu from her room, that Aditya's sisters and parents were scared and worried, as he did not contact them either. This happened when Raksha was about to enquire about him to her siblings. She was tensed, stressed and out of her mind, but kept it all inside, trying to calm herself down, hoping everything was fine. She was in her room staring at the wall, remembering the moments she had with him before he left.

"God, please bring him back, safetly", she said a silent prayer.

Raksha constantly checked her phone but there was no luck.

Raksha's POV

"What happened to him? Or am I overthinking? Why wouldn't he contact his own family? Did he misplace his phone somewhere? Did someone mug him? It could be possible. He is fine, yes, he will be back soon, that's what he said. Maybe, the meeting was delayed. I will wait". She muttered to herself out of anxiety.

Aaryan walked in unannounced. He looked pale, he had lost the smile that used to make his face glow. I pretended to forget my thoughts about my fiance.

"Hey Aaryan. You seem sick to me".

He stood by the door, no expressions yet.

"Aaryan? Did you fight with someone? Want to talk? Don't stand there like a ghost", I was losing it unnecessarily. 

He sat on the bed beside me and held my hand as usual. Then he gently patted my shoulder, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Did he know I was missing Aditya so much?" I felt comforted and protected.

We sat on my bed in silence. I could see footsteps move outside my door in the scant of sunlight that reflected on the tile, through the small gap underneath.

"Raksha...", his eyes were not on me.

"Tell me..."

"Aditya's flight crashed".

It took a while to process. I was sinking to a bottemless well. I sat upright and stared at Aaryan. He found it difficult to keep an eye contact.

"Maybe I didn't hear that properly. Can you say it again?"

"It was landing. There was a heavy downpour and the flight...crashed". Tears rolled down his eyes as he spoke. Aaryan was a sensitive person. "There are only a few survivors, Aditya is fighting for his life. He is in the hospital".

I did not shead a single tear. "Can you help me sit on the wheelchair, please?"

Aaryan got down and kept me on it. I opened the door and drove out. All eyes were on me. Some helpless, some sad, broken and with pity. I was very normal on hearing the devastating news. They looked surprised as though they expected me to react in a different way. The remorseful look on the faces of my big brothers made it obvious that they had sent Aaryan to break the news to me.

"Can someone take me to the hospital?" I asked.

"Aaryan, take her. Don't stay there for long".

"Yes Dadu".

"We'll go with him", Rahul bhaiyya said.

"No. Go to Aditya's house instead. They need you both. Aaryan can take care of Raksha. Don't waste time. Go".