The atmosphere changing colours by sheer force of will

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Thankfully for both of the boys, neither were exactly strong given their circumstances, so the damage wasn't very permanent. A scar for Basil, and a sort of eye-scar for Sunny, too.

Sunny sighed, languishing his past actions, before hearing the shower turn off. Sunny opened his eyes, and eyed the door.

Basil left the bathroom a few moments later, in nothing but a towel.

"S-Sorry Sunny, I took the wrong bag... yours is in the bathroom!" Basil said with an embarrassed smile.

The towels were too small to conceal the upper half of Basil's body, exposing his soft stomach and chest. Sunny's lower region agreed with his brain on the fact, that Basil's body was very cute.

Basil was blushing madly, and as was Sunny. The last he saw Basil shirtless was 12 year old baby-fat Basil, evidently a lot had changed.

Sunny couldn't help but gaze Basil up and down. His hips were... wide enough to make Sunny start thinking unsavoury thoughts. Sunny glanced just a moment at Basil's nipples, before deciding maybe he should go into the bathroom where there is no half-naked Basil. If there was any god, they were fucking with him right now.

"Heybasilguessi'llshowernowbye" Sunny said incredibly fast, not worrying about the intonation of any of the words he said. He rushed into the bathroom past a bright pink faced Basil.

Sunny locked the door behind him, and drew in a sigh of relief. Even if Basil forgot his birthday present, seeing that felt like its own gift.

After shaking his head to clear the even more unsavoury thoughts, he began undressing to shower. Evidently his lower regions were still thinking unsavoury things, he realized after taking off his pants.

"Small." commented Omori.

Fuck you, monochrome prick.

Sunny was not in the mood to be emasculated by a figment of his imagination, and tuned out Omori's words with some song he heard on the radio. He liked the song, but Sunny didn't know the name or band.

I coulsd be bluhe, I coruld bie gremen, I cpould be violedt sky, I could bie purple, I ccould be hurtful, I coulkd be anything you like.

In spite of Omori's attempts to further insult Sunny, he could not overpower catchy music, and gave in.

Of course, the earworm was now a brainworm, and is stuck in Sunny's head while he tried to think. It, thankfully, did make the boner go away.

I could be blue, I could be green, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like.

Don't worry bro your dick is totally big.

Thanks, radio singer guy.

Sunny chortled to himself a bit at the ridiculousness of his recent thoughts, but turned on the water, and cleaned himself off.

-- um hi author here intermission bc im not gonna fuckin write 3 paragraphs about Sunny's shower habits :)

Sunny left the shower, refreshed, and thankful he brought his razor. Sunny dried himself off, and put on a black shirt he got from a thrift store. It had English text on it, and he couldn't tell what it said. "The Dogfather" had to have been an inaccuracy.

Sunny threw on grey sweatpants, too, given the surprisingly cool temperature despite it being July 20th.

Immediately upon his exit of the bathroom, he noticed Basil's pretty hair had dried off, returning to its usual shape.

Sunny shook his head like a dog covered in water, hoping to make his dry off faster too.

Basil giggled a bit before asking Sunny an unexpected question, "So do you want to open your present now?"

"You remembered?" Sunny asked with surprise.

Basil nodded gleefully, and showed Sunny a violin case. "I hope you like it!"

Sunny smiled, "Basil, you're too generous..." Sunny's mouth became wide with shock as he opened the case to see the red velvet interior having an embossed "S" on a small gold plate.

"Basil... is this... is this really..." Sunny could barely contain his disbelief, "you- you didn't... did you buy me... you didn't need to..."

Basil weakly smiled, "I hoped you'd like it... it's okay if you don't, I can just-"

Sunny cut Basil off with a hug, "I really haven't told you how much... I love you." (He said wo ai ni, ambiguous in what kind of love.)

Basil blushed deeply again, probably embarrassed by the proposition. Of course, it was actually because Basil shared deeper feelings, but Sunny was oblivious to this.

"Y-You always give so much to me, and help me time and time again, you're so selfless, and all I ever do is take. Why are you so nice to me? Why are you so perfect?" Sunny became immediately anxious at how Basil may respond.

God damn it, now you made him notice. He's going to hate you now. Worthless fucking idiot Sunny.

Despite what Sunny's depressive thoughts believed, Basil did not resent Sunny now, nor did he before. "You've always been there for me, and always saved me. You're the perfect one."

Basil smiled, "Now try out your new violin, I haven't heard you play in forever!"

Sunny looked at the multimillion dollar violin. He couldn't believe Basil was giving this to him. He picked up the violin, and the pristine bow next to it.

"Is this already tuned?" Sunny cautiously asked.

Basil shrugged. Sunny plucked the strings, checking their sound. E was good, A sounded a bit sharp, D was okay, and then G was wayyyyy off.

Sunny used the small tuners at th bottom, then plucked A again. Sounded fine. Next he twisted the large tuners at the top, and plucked G. Sounded slightly flat, so he twisted the small tuners at the base, plucked again, and was satisfied by the sound of G.

Sunny smiled at Basil, who was looking on in awe, "It's all in tune now, I can play if you want..."

Basil nodded, his eyes shining with excitement.

Sunny thought on what to play. Maybe a fiddle song, the violin's deeper tones always sounded more dramatic, in spite of the original song's whimsical intent.

I wish I never broke Basil's gift violin from before... well, it was a gift from everyone, except Mari who gave Sunny a violin music book. Though, Kel only chipped in two nickels, and a pebble he claimed to be the great great grandson of his pet rock.

If he hadn't broken his violin, Mari would still be alive. Sunny shook off the guilt. He would make sure he wouldn't do something so stupid again. This violin was to stay whole.

Sunny rested his chin onto the violin, and began to play.